PDA

View Full Version : When to go?....

AdamRJohnson
05-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Just wanted to get any thoughts on the advantages/disadvantages to the two dates we are considering for a honeymoon stay in WDW!
We are potentially going in either the first week of June ('08), or the middle of September ('08). I know that the crowds should be smaller in September after school has started up, but I wasn't sure how they would compare to the first week of June. Didn't know if the park will be in full summer vacation swing yet or if it would be ok then? Any advice for comparing these dates would be welcomed! Thanks!

January-2007
05-11-2007, 10:13 PM
I would definately choose September over June. The weather is going to be hot either time, but at least you won't have as many crowds in September. Also, the "Gay Days" happen at the beginning of June. In addition, the past two years and this year September has been the time Free Dining has been offered, so that's a perk. No guarantee it will be in 2008, but if not, at least some other discount will be offered, unlike June, when there typically aren't many discount opportunities. So to sum up, September is less crowded, cheaper, and it's really up to you. Either time will be great because you'll be on your Honeymoon and in Walt Disney World. Happy planning, and WELCOME TO INTERCOT!!! :mickey:

Mickey91
05-11-2007, 11:00 PM
I would go mid Sept. But, if you have your heart set on June, the first week isn't awful.

nicole48040
05-12-2007, 12:03 AM
June may be hot, but Sept. is Hurricane season. I went in Sept. three years ago, got to Georgia and had to wait out the worst there. Started heading to Florida 2 days later, thinking the worst had passed, ended up holed up in a mini van with three adults and two children parked against the side of a packed hotel. We were not the only stranded motorists, there were tons when they shut down the interstate. It was a crazy scary time but.....once we got to Disney there were small lines and friendly faces. Just make sure you get vacation insurance so you can cancel if it gets too dicey. The best I could do was get Disney to push my reservations at the Contemporary back by two days.

Strmchsr
05-12-2007, 09:26 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!!

I did my honeymoon in the first week of June. It's really not bad in terms of crowds. Use a fastpass and you have no problems. Hot, sure, but so is September. I would recommend going immediately after your wedding. Having done more weddings than I can count I know the bride and groom really need some downtime to themselves after the craziness that is a wedding. If you're getting married in June I would suggest going in June. The upside to September is it'll usually be a little cheaper and the crowds lower. However, the restaurants may be less crowded in June since Disney keeps doing this free dining promotion in September.

SBETigg
05-12-2007, 09:37 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!!

I did my honeymoon in the first week of June. It's really not bad. Hot, sure, but so is September. I would recommend going immediately after your wedding.

I was going to jump in and say September! Why go with June crowds if you can go in September?

But Chris makes an excellent point with going immediately after the wedding if you can swing it. If the wedding date is still up in the air as well as the honeymoon date, I think September is great. If you're getting married in June, don't put it off. Go in June. A lot of schools are still in session until the middle-end of June so crowds still aren't full force and it is so great to get away right after the wedding.

AdamRJohnson
05-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the opinions/feedback. I should have specified that we haven't set a date for the wedding yet and that is partly why I was asking. Currently, our top date choices are May 31st and September 13th. We do plan to take our honeymoon immediately following the wedding.

Strmchsr
05-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the opinions/feedback. I should have specified that we haven't set a date for the wedding yet and that is partly why I was asking. Currently, our top date choices are May 31st and September 13th. We do plan to take our honeymoon immediately following the wedding.

Then if part of your planning for the wedding date involves the honeymoon, September is a better month at WDW - lower crowds and usually cheaper. Neither is bad, but that's the better of the two options.