PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Princess Akershus Breakfast

Disneyfirsttimer
05-11-2007, 04:06 PM
We are booked for this breakfast. We did CRT our last trip. I just looked at the menu and it appears somewhat limited. My children don't eat scrambled eggs. They are not offering french toast, waffles or pancakes.

For those of you who have eaten there for breakfast, how did you find the food selection? Was there enough for your children to eat? My children will be DS8 and DD almost 6. It is pricey for breakfast and I am wondering if we should skip it although my DD would like to see the princesses. We are doing 1900 PF for dinner our first night, but this is only Cinderella.

Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks.

Karyn

princessgirls
05-11-2007, 04:38 PM
The food was good, and the Princess interaction was priceless, espessially if your girls are into the princesses.

1900 Park Fare is excellent but just Cinderella, Prince Charming, Suzy, Perla and the Fairy Godmother.

Really, you won't be disappointed.

Enjoy

Julie

kakn7294
05-11-2007, 05:49 PM
There is a potato casserole (very good), bacon and sausage, biscuits, pastries and fresh fruit in addition to the scrambled eggs. They will bring you additional servings of anything you need. If you are leary about breakfast, you could try lunch or dinner instead - we haven't done it but I've heard good things.

bethanne6245
05-11-2007, 10:16 PM
We did the breakfast last year.....The princesses seemed very rushed to get around to everyone, but I did get some fantastic pictures of my daughter with them. The food was not great and not too much variety. Be careful about booking a lunch or dinner, they serve Norwegian food. We will skip this one next time.

MickeyandTink
05-11-2007, 11:15 PM
We've booked Akershus for dinner. DD's :princess: favorite princess is Ariel and we were told this is the best character meal to find her. Is that true, or would there be a better one to go to?

kakn7294
05-12-2007, 01:49 AM
We've booked Akershus for dinner. DD's :princess: favorite princess is Ariel and we were told this is the best character meal to find her. Is that true, or would there be a better one to go to?
You can see her in mermaid form at Ariel's Grotto in Fantasyland in MK. She does make an appearance at the Princess lunch / dinner in her ballgown but there's no set schedule or guarantee that she will be there. This is the only character meal where she appears.

stitchcousin
05-12-2007, 08:11 AM
We did this breakfast and found it to be just ok. If you want to see the Princesses, then I say go for it because you won't be disappointed, but the food is just ok. The food is pre-plated, and my two sons didn't care for it. I had to buy them some snacks in the park because my picky 7 year old was hungry (he didn't like anything they served). Everyone else thought it was ok. I wouldn't do it again, and prefer CRT's breakfast. We are trying 1900 Park Fare this time around.

Disney Doll
05-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Our family really enjoyed the breakfast. We found that there was plenty of food variety. Our kids really enjoyed the cinnamon rolls and fruit. However, the reason we went wasn't for the food, it was for the princesses. We were not disappointed. We didn't feel rushed at all and we got some great pictures. We saw Belle, Jasmine, Esmerelda, and Mulan. Of course, the characters that appear vary from day to day.

FriendsofMickey
05-12-2007, 09:22 AM
I have done both Lunch and Breakfast at Akershus. We were very, very displeased with the food both times.
My thought: For Lunch, we just did not like the taste. We chalked it up to being Norwegian. We had no problem with it, because we took a chance and just did not like it.

Breakfast was another story all together. The food was okay for adults (and I agree the potatoes were delecious). However, it is a character breakfast geared toward getting children in the door. We were very dissappointed with the selection for children. My girls are "picky", they would NOT eat any of it. The cinammon rolls are dry, dry, dry. They do not eat eggs or bacon, forget potatoes. And they do not like cantelope and all the fruit tasted like it (normal when it is mixed).
In a way it was my fault, because I was told it was like all the other breakfast meals, and I took them at their word. I expected french toast, pancakes, oatmeal,... I should have checked out the menu.
I will say when it was going horrible, the waiter was good (we had the same one both trips). He did bring out some cold cereal (fruit loops?), but my girls do not get cold cereal at home, so that did not go well with them either.

I know for a fact we were not the only ones having a horrible time. The little boy next to us was getting yelled at by his parents for not eating. The "can't you just ... you are ruining it for your sister" statements. I felt really bad for him.

If you want to do the breakfast, I would call them first and see if they can have something your children will eat.

scootch713
05-12-2007, 02:47 PM
We have done the breakfast twice and my daughters love it even more than CRT. They LOVED the cinn rolls.... my older daughter ate a ton of bacon and another ton of bacon. The fruit on the bar was good. Nice you can go get the cinn rolls and fruit while waiting for your main course. To be honest, it was the best meal I had out of all our meals on our last trip... just really delicious. Character interaction is great too!

Disney4
05-17-2007, 11:15 AM

From what I saw, Ariel was at luch on Tues. and Thurs. last July. We just missed her because we were there for breakfast, but the character handler gave us a pass to come back for pictures at a later time. :thumbsup:

biodtl
05-17-2007, 12:12 PM
We did CRT last time (and loved it) and I was thinking of doing it again. But I heard that Belle often appears at Akershus in her yellow gown, which would thrill my daughter to no end. Does she appear this way at breakfast or only at lunch/dinner?

disneydaisy
05-17-2007, 02:13 PM
We went in Oct. 2004 for the Princess Storybook Breakfast and also went to the CRT breakfast. We actually enjoyed the breakfast food more at Askerhus and also found the Princess interaction to be better and less rushed. I got video and pictures which all turned out great. The princesses that were there were Belle (not in ballgown), Snow White, Mulan, Aurora and Jasmine. When DD7 was asked which princess breakfast she wanted to go to this Oct., she didn't hesitate to choose the Askerhus one. Thankfully my DD is not a real picky eater so the items offered is not an issue with her.