PDA

View Full Version : Question about check-in

emmatink
05-11-2007, 11:47 AM
I was just reading another thread and now I am a bit confused about something. My family is staying at the GF in October and we are all booked in the same room. My mom however is flying in from another state and will be arriving much later than us. I was hoping that we could get check-in and settled into our room before she arrives (her plane gets in at 5:30PM). We will be arriving around 11 AM and were hoping to get checked in and then head down to the pool for a few hours. We have dinner reservations for 7:20 at our resort so we really wanted to be checked in before she arrived so that we wouldn't be pushed to make it to dinner that night. Is is true that your whole party has to be present before you can check in?:confused:

disney100%
05-11-2007, 12:24 PM
I am actually not sure of the official policy, but on my last trip, my DH played outside with my DS while I was checking us in. The cast member never asked if we were all there or not.

TheRustyScupper
05-11-2007, 12:35 PM
1) The whole party is only necessary for Free Dining.
2) You can still check-in without her.
3) If her room in under your ressie, you can check her in.
4) Just ask the key to be left at the Front Desk for her.
5) She can then pick up the key and go to her room.

NOTE: If the ressie in her name, SHE must do the check-in, becasue she has to show an ID.

emmatink
05-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Thank you very much that clears things up for me. We do not have free dining and I think that is where the confusion was coming from. We are however all on the dining plan, does that matter? The reservation is under my name and we are all in the same room.

Mickey91
05-11-2007, 10:14 PM
I have always checked us in while DH and the DKs look around the lobby. Even with free dining in '05. I think you will be fine!:mickey: