PDA

View Full Version : Where do Pop Warner people stay?

streudel423
05-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Where do Pop Warner people usually stay in December? I've heard they are usually at All Stars, Pop Century, and sometimes Port Orleans. We are staying at Caribbean Beach. Anyone know where the majority of them stay? just curious...thanks for everyone's help!!!

faline
05-11-2007, 10:47 AM
Mainly in the values but a number do stay in the moderates. I know someone who used to coach cheerleaders and she stayed at the Carribbean one year.

ThanxForNoticin
05-11-2007, 11:13 AM
I expect you will find the majority at All-Star and POP. There might be some at CBR, but I doubt it will be overrun. Families going to these events need to purchase packages, and many end up staying together at All-Star and POP.

kakn7294
05-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Value Level: mostly All-Stars with some overflow into POP
Moderate Level: mostly POR with some overflow into the other moderates.

They are offered packages that allow them to choose between the value and moderate level and these are the resorts offered. Depending on demand, sometimes they end up in resorts outside of the ones offered. Some people do complain about them at the resorts. They say breakfast in the food courts is the worst. The cute little cheerleaders tend to travel together and love to share their talents and school spirit with the rest of the world by randoming breaking into cheers at the oddest momemts - walking around the resort, on the buses, etc.

minnie1956
05-11-2007, 11:22 PM
I didn't mind the cheering. Hey, they're cheerleaders! But they were SLOBS and totally ran in a herd mentality, too little supervision.
We suffered them 2 yrs. in a row. Never again.
This past summer, stay at All Stars with over
500 LaCrosse players. Never knew they were there. They shared the food court very nicely.
Heck, one of them even shared her breakfast tray with the back of my body one morning.
What a hoot! :rotfl:

ThanxForNoticin
05-12-2007, 09:51 AM
I think sometimes folks tend to give these groups a bad rep. Granted, I have seen groups of teen-agers who needed more adult supervision. That situation certainly does exist. But for the most part, these are kids enjoying time at Disney with a group of friends. How great is that? And these groups come and go all year - sometimes it's cheer, sometimes it's football, baseball, soccer. And all throughout the year, there are bands and chorus groups.

I can honestly say that I am not into cheerleading - I just don't get the interest. But I have friends who tell me they don't get my interest in baseball, and I respect that. But if the worst thing you can say about a group of cheerleaders is that they might break into a cheer at the Magic Kingdom or on your bus, I say it sounds like kids being kids to me.

Do not be intimidated by Pop Warner week, unless you are intentionally trying to avoid kids - and if that's the case, Disney might not be your best choice for a vacation. The kids are going to be there by the thousands, whether there is an event at Wide World of Sports or not. Just my opinion.

hubbyofadisneyholic
05-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Sorry, but excusing rude, crude and obnoxious behavoir as "kids will be kids" just doesn't cut it in my book.
My daughter is a teenager and she and her friends manage to go into public places without finding a way to get 3 or 4 four letter words in every sentence. They know that even though there are workers to clean off tables that it is not acceptable behavior to leave the food court a mess and joke about it's for "those people" to clean up.

Frankly, I think excusing it with the "kids will be kids" bit does a disservice to the overwhelming majority of young people that DO know how to behave in public, that DO have respect for others and their property.
Kids do not have to be trash talking slobs in order to have a good time. Be they cheerleaders, football players or a girls' lacrosse team.

ThanxForNoticin
05-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Sorry, but excusing rude, crude and obnoxious behavoir as "kids will be kids" just doesn't cut it in my book.

I think you seriously have put words in my mouth that I never said.

I'm not excusing any rude, crude, obnoxious, or foul behavior. That's not "kids being kids". I have teen-agers, too. Manners and common sense are essential in our household, too. What I said is that just because it's Pop Warner week and there are groups of kids there, does not mean it's going to be a bad experience.

You are correct - the large majority of kids and adults who enjoy Disney do so in a polite and civil manner. We are in complete agreement. But where I have an issue is when a group of kids might get a little loud at the pool in the afternoon, or might break into a cheer on the bus going back to the resort. Nothing obnoxious or foul, just clean fun - that's just kids being kids.

I actually think we are probably in agreement on most of this topic. I think my original message must not have come across very well.

I would also contend that it's not just the kids who can be rude and obnoxious. Sometimes the adults are worse.

TiggerRPh
05-12-2007, 11:48 AM
If I recall correctly...most of the kids/families with Pop Warner stayed in the All Star Resorts with most of them at All Star Sports.

JPL
05-12-2007, 12:10 PM
I can speak for Pop Century I stayed there this December and did notice any Football Players or cheerleaders. It doesn't mean they weren't there but I certainly didn't see or hear them ;)

Marker
05-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Seems to me that POP Warner should maybe stay POP Century. :laughing:

Or, since they're football players, they should stay at all star sports. :laughing::laughing:

Ok, nevermind.

minnie1956
05-12-2007, 09:22 PM
that was a good one!
I got it!:mickey:

wilshade
05-13-2007, 09:04 AM
I was at Pop Century during Pop Warner week and didnt really have any negative experiences with them.

ADevereaux
05-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Anyone know the dates these groups will be at WDW?

Thanks. :thumbsup: