PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: #26

King Triton
05-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Today's dining question asks you to choose from the two sports related eateries at the World. Do you prefer:

ESPN Club at the Boardwalk or
All Star Cafe at Wide World of Sports

If you haven't been to either, which sounds more interesting?

Y100Q27 will appear in Vacation Planning, probably sometime over the weekend.

The review of questions 11-20 is now up and can be seen here:
Review of Questions 11-20 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=104399)

January-2007
05-11-2007, 08:57 AM
I haven't been to either location in Walt Disney World but I have been to an ESPN Club in Baltimore, so I would choose the All Star Cafe at Wide World of Sports not only to be able to do something totally new, but also because my DH loves baseball and we hope to catch a game over there some time, and this is where it's at.

biodtl
05-11-2007, 09:00 AM
I haven't been to either, but after checking them out, I went with All-Star, since I think my kids would like the theming/eye-candy atmosphere better.

avantgardeinker
05-11-2007, 09:05 AM
I've never been to either restaurant, so I looked at the menus. ESPN Club looks really good!! So I went with that.

209 more days!!!
:mickey:

DDuck66
05-11-2007, 09:14 AM
We always like the ESPN Club for its food and atmosphere (especially during the Hockey playoffs). We have ate there many times and the food is always great. I have not been to the All Stars but maybe I will give it a try.

k_reile
05-11-2007, 11:50 AM
i've never been to the all star cafe. But i have been to the ESPN Zone in Chicago and it was pretty cool and the food was good. I think I have been to the one at the boardwalk some many years ago when I was with my parents but I do not remember if we ate there or not.

Spaceship Tigger
05-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Never been to the All-Star Cafe but I thought the ESPN Club on the Boardwalk was a pretty neat place. There wasn't much going on when we went there, though.

darthmacho
05-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Neither one sounds appealing. I love sports, but I can watch it home, and can live without it on vacation.

I chose ESPN because I figured if I got bored, I could have the entire Boardwalk from which to choose. :D

Figgyluv03
05-11-2007, 12:35 PM
ESPN Club. I like their choices of food over all.

Tynkerbelle
05-11-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm not a big fan of either, nor do I like to do things I can do at home while at WDW. Having said that, I voted for ESPN. I've done that once or twice during football season (beer & wings), only because it was convenient (coming from EPCOT). I wouldn't go out of my way to go to either place, though.

dtootsie42
05-11-2007, 08:34 PM
We loved the Espn Club on the boardwalk. The food was simply delicious. Only drawback our server was not the best but hey being on the boardwalk at Disney made up for slow service.

tinksmom02
05-11-2007, 09:18 PM
I chose ESPN because I figured if I got bored, I could have the entire Boardwalk from which to choose. :D

That's exavctly what I was thinking. Neither appealed to me, either, but if I HAD to choose, it would be ESPN, and we would make an evening of it by checking out the Boardwalk afterwards.

WDWfeelslikehome
05-12-2007, 07:20 AM
For DW and I, it's ESPN no contest even. We love that place, we try to stop in even just for a snack to take a break from the parks, 4 or 5 times a trip. Love it!

BW Fan
05-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Well, I have eaten at both places. Both have their advantages and both are fun. I don't think I would make a special trip to go to the All-Star to eat, but if you are touring the sports center, it is a good place to eat. Much more of a restaurant setting than ESPN. The ESPN is more of a sports bar setting than restaurant setting (not a bad thing, just different). Being a Boardwalk Fan, I really enjoy a cold :beer: after a hot day in the parks, and the ESPN is my favorite place to get it.

FalconeNJ
05-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Definately the Espn club just for the bar type atmosphere.:beer: :marg: :party:

Jared
05-13-2007, 12:16 PM
I've been to both. ESPN Club is better.

:tasty:

BritCody
05-13-2007, 12:22 PM
My family likes going to the ESPN Club. We are sports junkies so this is our sports fix for the trip

DizneyFreak2002
05-13-2007, 01:16 PM
I had to vote for the ESPN Club... I never been to All Star, but, I have heard nothing but bad things about it... I prefer ESPN because, I love spending time on the Boardwalk, and the restaurant is right there... I always choose ESPN Club for lunch when visiting Epcot... it is so easy to get to from that park.... Plus, I enjoy watching the old classic sporting events during the weekday, and the live sporting events at night... ESPN Club is way better than All Star....

dumbo ears
05-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Espn club. I haven't eaten at the all star cafe so I don't know whats that is like. Espn club has good food and I love the sport atmosphere.

Dreamer7080
05-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Last year my boyfriend and I went to the Bucs training camp :football: and got caught in a summer rainstorms :rain: , so we ducked into the all-star café for a bite. We were pretty disappointed with both the food and the service and would probably not plan on going back. I’ve been to the ESPN Club several times and I love the atmosphere and all the TVs, not to mention the food!

disney100%
05-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Another vote for ESPN. We go every trip either by taking the boat from MGM or walking from EPCOT. It is a nice break from the parks without taking a lot of travel time away from park time. We like the food, though the service is hit or miss.

Of course, one of the times we went, we showed up just in time to watch the press conference when the Yankees signed Arod (my DH is a Red Sox fan). My DH was pretty quiet during that meal and I think he may have had an extra beer or two! :mickey: Luckily on following trips he did not associate hearing that news with the restaurant and we returned to have a much more talkative lunch!

LandFan
05-15-2007, 04:01 PM
Wow, that was an easy one for me - ESPN Club.

Mickey91
05-15-2007, 08:24 PM
I picked All Star because it is at the WWS. Have never been to either.

mdearmas
08-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Depends if i'm at epcot or near it I prefer ESPN but if I'm watching my beloved Atlanta Braves at spring training i'll stop in the all star cafe.
:goofy: