PDA

View Full Version : communicating with Magical Journeys

MizMissy
05-10-2007, 06:27 PM
At some point in the booking process, do you ever speak to anyone with Magical Journeys?
I intended to book my vacation through them (although, I can't think of any benefit on my part for doing so since I've done all the research and know what accomodations etc. that I want), but thus far, all communication has been through email. At some point, do you ever speak to anyone on the phone? I feel strange putting my all credit card information in an email to someone I've never had contact with other than through email. At least with Disney, you can speak to someone while you are booking your vacation.
Will they call you once you send them the email saying that you are ready to book your trip?

Thanks for the responses.

missbunny
05-10-2007, 06:47 PM
I work with Debbie and for the last two vacations I never had a problem with just emailing her. I gave her my credit card information and everything was handled professionally.
My in-laws had a few questions about their package and were able to call the agency and spoke with someone.
You can call Disney and have them set up your trip, but Disney won't be watching for any discounts you can use. :secret:
When the codes are released, Magical Journeys takes care of its clients by rebooking their trips.
Debbie finds the discounts for me and applies them to my trip. She has saved us time and money. :cloud9:
My next trip in December 2008 will be a magical gathering of up to 25 family members and I know Debbie will be there for me.

Tink1
05-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Yes you will! When your ready to book and the intitial pricing and back and forth is done your agent will set up a time to call you.

Nanc

d_m_n_n
05-10-2007, 08:38 PM
I don't like sending CC information through email, so they always give me a call for payment. The bad thing is then we wind up talking for a long time about places to go, things to see, etc. etc.

If you feel better, just let them know to call. My friends call me the "Poster Child" for planning WDW vacations, but when it comes to deals MJ can do it for me!! :thumbsup:

Tink1
05-10-2007, 09:12 PM
The bad thing is then we wind up talking for a long time about places to go, things to see, etc. etc.

Which is the reason WHY we stick to email for the beginning phases. Otherwise we would get nothing done!

:laughing:

Nanc

k_reile
05-10-2007, 09:26 PM
i booked my trip through magical journeys...and i have talked to terrisue a couple of times...i talked to her when i had questions about different resorts or packages...i also talked to her on the phone when i did my deposit. She has been very nice and helpful...i thought about booking through disney also but I liked of the idea of someone who knew what they were doing and i read soo many good reviews of magical journeys.:thumbsup:

RockChalkKimball
05-10-2007, 09:34 PM
I work with Wendy at MJ and we have done both emails and phone conversations. For the most part, the details can be handled by emails. As stated above, once I get Wendy on the phone, I take advantage of her expertise! I am a planning freak, but MJ gets you the best deal.:thumbsup:

Bringonthemouse!
05-10-2007, 09:40 PM
I also am currently working with Terrisue. Most of the time we use e-mail for my general questions (because let me tell you, there are hundreds), but for my initial deposit with CC she called to get the number and has since called when something urgent arrises.
MJ and Terrisue gets :thumbsup: :thumbsup: from me!

tinkerbell615
05-10-2007, 10:36 PM
I am working with Terrisue also. I talked to her a couple of times on the phone when I was making the initial reservation and have e-mailed her also.

She has been wonderful! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

crazypoohbear
05-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Wendy has always called me for the CC information. We too end up talking forever on the phone. She is originally from here!

illini
05-11-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm a little confused as to why you're planning to book with them when you sound so down on them.
I love MJ and won't book any other way. I've sent several non-Intercot friends to them, and all have been beyond thrilled. Debbie is one of the nicest people you'll ever "meet," and was very helpful when I had to switch resorts to get a code to apply. I'm on my third trip with Deb. There is a HUGE benefit to booking with MJ, and that's that they're pretty much the only ones out there who will rebook you with a lower rate. Chances are much higher that they'll be able to get you the discount than you yourself would. Plus, other agencies don't do that because they get paid on commission-- they don't want you getting a discount!
Relax. MJ is great.