PDA

View Full Version : Character meals without kids

MiceWork
05-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Hi folks!

I´m going to DW with my girlfriend on july, and sice it will be her first time there, I´d like to make ADRs for some character meals. Will we have fun, or character meals are good just for little kids?

SBETigg
05-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Character meals are good for everyone. Not always the best food on property but decent and lots of fun. I would plan one, maybe two, but probably not more than that. The breakfasts work out well, but are not the best value if you are on the dining plan. A lot of people pay out of pocket for breakfasts and save the dining plan credits for other meals.

For adults, I like breakfast at 'Ohana but I haven't been since they traded Chip and Dale for Lilo and Stitch. If she's into princesses, the toughest ticket in town is Cinderella's Royal Table but they also have the princesses at Akershus(world showcase). If you haven't made your ADRs yet, the chances of securing Cinderella's Royal Table are pretty slim.

faline
05-10-2007, 04:20 PM
My husband and I have been to a number of character meals! Great fun! Be sure to bring your camera!

Dawnzy
05-10-2007, 06:37 PM
My DH and I have done the Crystal Palace Breakfast three times with no kids! I love watching the little kids get all excited when the charachters come around :D

Marilyn Michetti
05-10-2007, 07:28 PM
We enjoy the character breakfast's because of the variety, but I DO wish they had a section where folks without children could just enjoy watching others interact without having to themselves. I never know what to say to Tigger, but a hug is a hug, and he's just doing his job.:blush:

Bethanymouse
05-10-2007, 07:30 PM
We always have fun with just us (DBF-26 and me-25). I think you will have a great time! :thumbsup:

Seasonscraps
05-10-2007, 07:44 PM
They are for everyone - ENJOY!! :mickey:

Kairi_7378
05-10-2007, 08:27 PM
My 38 year old co worker went to Chef Mickey's for her honeymoon and loved it!

GrmGrninGost
05-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Character meals are great for everyone!:thumbsup: I see lots of folks with out DKs having a wonderful time at character meals! I'll guarantee you I won't stop going to them just because my DKs go off to college! Just have fun with the characters, and they'll have fun with you!

illini
05-11-2007, 08:52 AM
I think you'll have a great time. We've been seated near several adults-only parties and chatted with them; they seemed to be having a wonderful time. We always offer to take their pictures with the characters, and one couple asked if they could take pictures of our kids with the characters instead. Some seem to enjoy the character interaction themselves, and some seem to prefer just watching the kids. I think the characters are good at figuring out your preference and going with that.

disneydrmr
05-11-2007, 08:59 AM
I'm 36 and went last year with my sister, 35 and my best friend 38. We did numerous character meals and LOVED them! The characters seem to enjoy meeting adults without kids just as much as they did meeting kids. We did not feel slighted in anyway, nor where we embarassed. My friend and I will be at Disneyland this November and we are planning a few character meals there also! You guys will have a GREAT time!

BigRedDad
05-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Character meals are just as great with or without kids. My wife and I ate at many when we were there. You also get to watch the excitement of other little kids in awe of the characters. Do expect a little less time with the characters though. The little ones around you get very anxious. You will not get slighted out of your time with them, but they will be moved along a little faster.

Mickey91
05-11-2007, 10:33 AM
DH and I ate at Liberty Tree and loved the characters!! We have 2 DKs and they stayed with Grandparents for the weekend. It was one of the highlights of our trip!!:mickey:

mdricks
05-11-2007, 10:38 AM
I for one think the breakfasts at CM and CP are worth the money regardless of the characters. The food is just so good. The fun is an added bonus.

Nicki'sMom
05-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Take her to the 1900 PARK fARE breakfast or dinner. Breakfast is Alice in Wonderland,Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Pooh and Tigger(nice mix) and dinner is Cinderella and the Prince, Fairy Godmother and the mice. GREAT food for a buffet and good for all of us "grown up kids". Depending on when you go it will be temporarily moved to Grand Floridian Cafe while the refurbish 1900 Park Fare. These are both at Grand Floridian by the way. Have a great time!

AdventurerKim
05-12-2007, 09:35 AM
We've had good experiences with character meals at CP, LT, and GG where the characters actually acknowledged us and let us take pictures with them. At Chef Mickey's, it was the opposite. The characters walked right past us (2 adults) or didn't come near us. That entire experience was a disater bc the food was not good and service (what little there was) was awful. :mad: The 1900 Park Fare character meals sound intriguing and we may check one of them out.

i'm grumpy
05-12-2007, 10:40 AM
We love them!

glenpreece
05-12-2007, 02:33 PM
I love doing the characters meals. I am 24 and I went with my parents. aunt and I am taking my brother to a few this time. They're fun and the characters are always friendly. We've done 1900 PF, CPalace, Akershus and CRT. I need my princess fix each trip and this is the best way to get a good meal and see characters.