PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Cafe for Dinner

allie_to_you
05-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Hey everyone,

I think my DH & I have decided to give WCC a try. It sounds like soooo much fun. What are your opinions. What kind of things can you do to make your experience even more fun?

tavera
05-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Well, I might be the ONLY one, but i'm ok with that - LOL!

We did not like it - now keep in mind that we went with 2 small children - our ressies were for 7pm, we were not seated until 9pm and the girls were cranky, tired, and hungry (as were we). We were finally seated and ordered - i asked for straws when our drinks came and our waitress threw them at us - i was NOT happy. Then when i asked for napkins those were also thrown at us - when i asked for ketchup, they announced it for everyone to bring us ketchup - we had 32 bottles of ketchup on our table and no room for us to eat - hubby and i were irritated to say the least. Now - maybe if we didn't have kids, if we weren't so tired, if we hadn't waited so long to be seated and weren't hungry MAybe i would have enjoyed it - but as it was, we won't go back. I would say just be prepared, don't come hungry, and be in the mood to have things thrown at you :)

Mickey91
05-10-2007, 11:08 AM
We went to WC and loved it. Tavera is right though, you have to come in the right mood. If you ask for a large drink, you will sometimes be given a caraf as your glass:mickey: . The whole restaurant brings you ketchup and it is kind of loud. The kids have pony races and all kinds of fun. It is definitely not a relaxing quiet meal. Come ready for a good time and loud fun or try someplace different.:mickey:

Hope you enjoy!!!

GrmGrninGost
05-10-2007, 02:32 PM
The WCC is rowdy to say the least!:mickey: If you're in the right mood it can be loads of fun!:thumbsup: You might get a half gallon drink if you want a large! Ask for ketchup or some type of condiment? You may get more than you bargained for! Kids have pony races around the room! Everything is loud, boisterous and fun!!:mjump: :goofy:

disneydrmr
05-11-2007, 09:17 AM
The all you can eat BBQ skillet is EXCELLENT and I thought it a good value!!! We went right at opening (5pm) and it wasn't that loud or boisterous until just as we were finishing up (around 6pm).

MR SANDERS
05-11-2007, 11:15 AM
We loved the WCC! My DW, our two children (9 and 6), and my parents went at around 7:00. The reason they throw things at you is that you must set your own table, much as it is at the 50's cafe, but with a little more attitude. The food is good and plentiful. The kids have races around the room on ponies and receive a small prize at the end. The condiment request is a must, but I'm sorry some others blew the surprise for you. Some individuals will be chosen for extra abuse during the meal, but it's all in good fun. You must certainly be ready for a wild evening of good food and fun times to eat here.

biodtl
05-11-2007, 11:20 AM
We've never been there and I can't wait until our next trip to try it out. My kids will love it, and we'll all fit right in with the noisy, boisterous atmosphere.

King Triton
05-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Well, I might be the ONLY one, but i'm ok with that - LOL!

We did not like it - now keep in mind that we went with 2 small children - our ressies were for 7pm, we were not seated until 9pm and the girls were cranky, tired, and hungry (as were we). We were finally seated and ordered - i asked for straws when our drinks came and our waitress threw them at us - i was NOT happy. Then when i asked for napkins those were also thrown at us - when i asked for ketchup, they announced it for everyone to bring us ketchup - we had 32 bottles of ketchup on our table and no room for us to eat - hubby and i were irritated to say the least. Now - maybe if we didn't have kids, if we weren't so tired, if we hadn't waited so long to be seated and weren't hungry MAybe i would have enjoyed it - but as it was, we won't go back. I would say just be prepared, don't come hungry, and be in the mood to have things thrown at you :)

I think you need to not eat at WCC. With the exception of the two hour wait, which I think is very unusual, it sounds like a typical night at WCC. Yes, they will throw straws and napkins, and yes, you will wind up with multiple bottles of ketchup.

Obviously the wait isn't, but the rest is all in fun. And do come hungry! The skillet will fill you up.