PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust Please!

Tinkerfreak
05-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Hi guys! We got some bad news the day before yesterday. My Aunt's house burned down and she lost everything but the clothes on her back. Everything burned, her pocket book family photos etc. She did manage to get all of her pets out and her boyfriend and son got out safe as well but they literally have nothing. The family is rallying around and trying to get her what she needs and the Red Cross has been wonderful. She is so overwhelmed and is trying to figure out what she is going to do next. It was an old trailer so she probably won't get enough insurance money to buy a new one. We have all tried to donate as much money as we can. DH and I had planned to stay at the Poly on our upcoming trip in Oct. but we have talked to the kids and we all agreed to stay at AKL in a standard room instead and we will give my aunt to money we are saving by switching resorts. Please say a prayer for her and her family that they will find an affordable place to live. We just thank the lord that her family all got out safe and that nobody was hurt.

kakn7294
05-10-2007, 10:29 AM
That's really sweet of you to change resorts to be able to give the extra money to help your aunt. I can't even imagine what it must be like to suddenly lose everything like that and what she must be going through. Thank goodness everyone made it out safely! Here's plenty of pixie dust for them! :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

MsMin
05-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Sending :pixie: that is a wonderful gesture, changing resorts. Hope they find a lovely place to call home soon.

SodaPopMGK
05-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Sending prayers and :pixie: :pixie: for your aunt and her family. I am glad they are all safe. She and her family are lucky all their relatives are supportive.

faline
05-10-2007, 12:47 PM
How awful! I'm glad no-one was injured!:pixie: :pixie:

mrsgaribaldi
05-11-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm so glad that no one was hurt. :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: on the way.

crazypoohbear
05-11-2007, 07:22 PM
Thank God no one was hurt. How very sad that she lost everything. It's the small things like the pictues that will matter the most down the road. I hope your family has some pictures that can be copied.
What a great neice you are to change resorts and give her the difference.
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

mtown71
05-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Thank God no one was hurt. How very sad that she lost everything. It's the small things like the pictues that will matter the most down the road. I hope your family has some pictures that can be copied.
What a great neice you are to change resorts and give her the difference.
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

DITTO!!!! Prayers & pixie dust on the way!!

RedSoxFan
05-11-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Thankfully nobody was hurt. And you're very generous with switching to AKL and giving your aunt the difference in the savings. Wish you all the best.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-11-2007, 11:45 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm just glad to hear everyone is ok.
And everyone should check with their insurance company to see it they have enough insurance. I think mine is for replacement value for the house AND the contents.
I hope things turn around for them soon.