PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk

Mickey052501
05-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Okay guys please tell me everthing my DH and I need to know, the good and the bad!!

Thanks in advance,
Jen:)

Donald A
05-09-2007, 10:28 PM
Good: Close (walking distance)to EPCOT, ferry or long walk to MGM, and beautiful view out on the Boardwalk. Also have the large deluxe room like any deluxe resort.

Bad: Lack of counter service restaurants. On the dining plan for counter service, you have a choice of the pizza window at Spoodles or the Bakery (No seating). There is not a cafeteria-like setting to sit for a counter service meal. You could always walk into EPCOT and have counter service, but what if you don't want to go into the parks one day.

Also the parking lot is far away from the resort.

IDreamofEeyore
05-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Good...
Great place to relax and people watch after a long day. You can watch the EPCOT fireworks from the Boardwalk (especially on the end further away from EPCOT). Close proximity to the restaurants of Yacht & Beach Club, Swan, Dolphin as well as Fantasia Gardens & Fairways mini golf. You can enjoy the nightly Boardwalk entertainment (jugglers, magicians, etc). If you're lucky enough to land a room overlooking the Boardwalk, relaxing out on the balcony can be entertaining in its own right!

Bad...
You have to go outside to get to any restaurant. So if it's raining when you're ready to eat...well...just throw on a poncho and make a run for it! :) We don't recommend eating at ESPN. Of course, you guys are DVC like us...so just use your kitchen!!

DizNee143
05-10-2007, 01:06 PM
i personally dont find anything all that bad with the boardwalk!! it is my favorite resort on property!! its great how close it is to Epcot and MGM...and that there is a night life..so if you come back from the parks and your still not ready for bed there are things going on..on the boardwalk!!..it you get a room facing the boardwalk..dont worry..its not noisy at all!!..i think its nice that they have alot of dinner sit down places to eat...theres also a bakery and then a few stores to shop in and then also like a club or two...theres also an arcade and a gym..ok ya parking may be alittle bit of a walk..but youll be walking all day anyway at the parks whats a few more steps..plus..if you use valet...it wont really matter!!! :D
hope you end up liking the resort just as much as me and my family do!!! :mickey:

Disney4
05-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Good -

Beautiful resort and the location to Epcot/MGM is great!

Bad -

The elevators are very noisy. They kept me awake most nights. Lack of dining. And yes, the parking lot is extremely far away!