PDA

View Full Version : What restaurants for me and mom?

SingingPixie
05-09-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm planning a trip in August '08 for me and my mom- 8 nights, we think, on the dining plan. I'm a vegetarian who doesn't like mushrooms, and my mom isn't picky, but she tends to eat in smaller amounts. Because of this, I figure we can probably share a couple times, so signature places might be a possibility a couple nights (we could always share apps and dessert and then I could just pay for a separate entree). What restaurants would you suggest?

I'll come back and chime in in a while to mention what I'm thinking about, but I don't want your responses to be biased!

Cathy S
05-09-2007, 03:13 PM
My sister and I travel together and she is fussy while I am adventurous. For signature dining we really like Jiko, Flying Fish, Le Chefs de France,and Citricos. TS we enjoy are R&C, the restaurant in Morocco (for the life of me the name escapes me -- must be old age), Tepanyaki, and Boma. Enjoy planning your trip.

pox24
05-09-2007, 03:19 PM
I found when it comes to varying eating habits, buffets are the best because there is usually something there for everyone to enjoy. Our favorite is BOMA at the AKL.However there are other to chose from also. Cape May, Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, The Biergarten, 1900 Park Fare. I hope I didn't miss any. Good Luck.

biodtl
05-09-2007, 03:49 PM
I agree that buffets are a good idea. We like them because our family has varying taste - DD and I will try anythuig and DH and DS are picky. So we can all be happy at a buffet. And don't be afraid that buffet food isn't quality, because in WDW, there are some excellent, upscale food buffets (BOMA especially)

maizey05
05-10-2007, 01:00 PM
I think you'd like Raeglan Road at DTD. I'm not a vegetarian, but enjoy meatless meals fairly often. Their Raeglan Risotto is out of this world. Plus, their appetizers are portioned for 2. Rainforest Cafe also has super yummy veggie burgers and wraps.

Kairi_7378
05-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Boma has a good reputation for being vegetarian friendly. Tangerine Cafe has some veggie options. There is a reputable Disney themed web page that has an article about vegetarian eating in the world with both CS and TS meals.