PDA

View Full Version : Terrortist

Figgyluv03
05-09-2007, 12:37 PM
I just found out that two of the terrorist that were just arrested for planning an attack on Fort Dix live litteraly right across the street from my work. I know that terrorist have lived in Cherry Hill before (back in the 80's), but I was too little to remember. It's such a scarey thought and a major hit to reality.

Ian
05-09-2007, 12:54 PM
It is really creepy ... some of them, apparently, were operating in Northeast Philadelphia where my Grandmother lives.

I have to say though, and I don't mean this to come out the wrong way, but we have such a large Middle Eastern population in this area I often wondered how long it was going to be before something like this happened.

ariel03
05-09-2007, 02:17 PM
My mom says they are still holding the air show this weekend on McGuire A.F.B. even with the terrorist plot. They just will be looking alot harder when they check out people vehicles.

Hammer
05-09-2007, 05:16 PM
What I found so scary was this wasn't a "cell" that was moved in by a known group like Al-Queda, but as Tony Snow called it a "homegrown" cell. Half of the men were U.S. citizens! Not to mention, most of the men were from Eastern European countries. Just proves what I've thought all along, enemies of the US aren't limited to one area of the world.

PirateLover
05-09-2007, 05:30 PM
What I found so scary was this wasn't a "cell" that was moved in by a known group like Al-Queda, but as Tony Snow called it a "homegrown" cell. Half of the men were U.S. citizens! Not to mention, most of the men were from Eastern European countries. Just proves what I've thought all along, enemies of the US aren't limited to one area of the world.

I read that four of the arrested men were born in the former Yugoslavia, one was born in Jordan and one came from Turkey.

Three were in the United States illegally; two had green cards allowing them to stay in this country permanently; and the sixth is a U.S. citizen.

The three brothers were smuggled illegally over the Texas border in 1984 when they were children.

Kudos to the Circuit City worker for reporting suspicious behavior.

Hammer
05-09-2007, 08:09 PM
I read that four of the arrested men were born in the former Yugoslavia, one was born in Jordan and one came from Turkey.

Three were in the United States illegally; two had green cards allowing them to stay in this country permanently; and the sixth is a U.S. citizen.

The three brothers were smuggled illegally over the Texas border in 1984 when they were children.

Kudos to the Circuit City worker for reporting suspicious behavior.

That's what I'm saying, the majority were raised in Eastern Bloc countries. I was just trying to point out that there are radical sects of the Islamic faith in more than just Middle Eastern countries. The largest Muslim country is Indonesia, not a Middle Eastern country as many people seem to have that misconception. I am not saying you didn't understand this concept, Maryanne (as you are a well-educated Big 5 grad :grad:), I was speaking more of the general populace.

PirateLover
05-10-2007, 02:18 AM
That's what I'm saying, the majority were raised in Eastern Bloc countries. I was just trying to point out that there are radical sects of the Islamic faith in more than just Middle Eastern countries. The largest Muslim country is Indonesia, not a Middle Eastern country as many people seem to have that misconception. I am not saying you didn't understand this concept, Maryanne (as you are a well-educated Big 5 grad :grad:), I was speaking more of the general populace.

Hi Christine! I just wanted you to know I wasn't questioning your logic. :) Your point is certainly valid! I just wanted to add more specific details and also point out the only thing I found different from what you had stated about 3 of them being U.S. Citizens- only 1 actually had attained full citizenship. However the 3 brothers did pretty much grow up here, but they weren't born here. They came here illegally. I probably shouldn't have quoted the entire post.

One actually had a job at a 7-11 here in Philly!

Figgyluv03
05-10-2007, 12:16 PM
My friend went to Cherry Hill West with one or two of them. And one of the guys worked as a pizza delivery guy and delivered pizza to Fort Diz numerous times. Yes, they are still holding the Air Show, but I'll be away for it. :(