PDA

View Full Version : Will I be too late??

TFrauts
05-09-2007, 06:10 AM
Me are going 07/29-08/03....I am awaiting my confirmation number...I booked through a DVC member...Does anyone have any idea what the chances will be of me getting the reservations....I am really hoping to make them by the end of this week...

some of our choices include HDDMR, CRT, Aloha, San Angel, Cali Grill, and marrakesh??

DizneyRox
05-09-2007, 08:00 AM
Why are you waiting for a confirmation number? I believe you can/should make those reservations RIGHT NOW!

CRT will probably be tough. HDD is a possibility, but it depends on the show time. I'd pass on Spirit of Aloha, but if you insist, you'll probably have no problems. Cali Grill might be a tougher one to get as well, the others you'll have no problems.

TFrauts
05-09-2007, 08:38 AM
oh...I was under the understanding that I had to have my confirmation #'s to make the reservations....does it matter if it will be under the DDP???

The 1,000th Happy Haunt
05-09-2007, 10:22 AM
You can and should book now!

I called about 3 months in advance of our trip and the best I could do for CRT was a not quite lunch time reservation (which I took). That place is tough to get into. Also keep in mind if you are on DDP most of the places you have listed count as 2 dinners (CRT, HDD, CG).

If you can't get CG or CRT a good alternative would be Artist Point in Wilderness Lodge (which also counts as 2 dinners). Best mushroom soup on earth. Also, Le Cellier is my new favorite place in WDW to eat. :eat:

Stop what you are doing and start booking those reservations right now!!!

DizneyRox
05-09-2007, 12:20 PM
oh...I was under the understanding that I had to have my confirmation #'s to make the reservations....does it matter if it will be under the DDP???
Confirmation numbers are only needed for the 180+10 bookings. You are well within that and do not need anything other than a phone number.

You may want to mention you are on the DDP, but since it's not guaranteed right now, I'd just worry about reservations. That time frame might be tough for a DVC member to get into right about now too. Unless they already have reservations and just need to change the names.

I was waitlisted for DVC until about 5 days before arrival for some summer accomodations I didn't grab at my 11 month window. You might want to start thinking about alternate accomodations, just in case. I'm sure the DVC member will reimburse you if they can't get the reservations, but that won't help you with a place to stay.

Kairi_7378
05-09-2007, 12:25 PM
You don't need confirmation #'s to make reservations. They will ask you where you are staying when you make them. I made my ressies about 3 weeks ahead of our March trip. We went during college spring break, so the crowds were pretty large. We were able to get into the restaurants that we wanted but had to settle for some early dinner times. These turned out to be great because I was at the parks at opening every day and was HUNGRY by 4:00.

Try to be flexible with your reservation times and you should be okay if you call soon. The best thing to do for CRT at this point would be to call every few days and see if there is a cancellation. CA Grill may be full for Wishes but you can go back to watch the fireworks from their balcony if you had a dinner reservation that evening.

kgoulash
05-10-2007, 12:53 PM
i was holding off on some of my adrs and i was surprized when i finally called. we are going at the end of sept and i had difficulty getting some dinner times i wanted, so i agree with others...be flexible :mickey:
on the flip side i found no problems at all getting times at character breakfasts but i was not trying for crt.
hope all goes well for you:thumbsup: