PDA

View Full Version : Tusker House closed

SillyOldBear
05-09-2007, 12:32 AM
and I wanted to find out--where else would I be able to get a friend chicken sandwich.

I have to say, I am more disappointed about Tusker House being closed in September than Spaceship Earth.

There are already few places to eat there. We do Tusker House 1 day and Flame Tree another.

MinnieMommie
05-09-2007, 05:40 AM
Must say...DH is quite :( unhappy about the Tusker House closure. I will miss it as well but he really looks forward to eatingthere each trip. :mickey:

Spaceship Tigger
05-09-2007, 07:32 AM
Tusker House being closed in September (before Yak and Yeti is even open) is making us want to spend even less time in AK. As in hitting the few major attractions and then getting out before lunchtime. Flame Tree is good, but with only three CS places being open at that time I'd hate to see the lines at the counters.

disneyfan369
05-09-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm disappointed that Tusker House is going to be closed too; it is one of the places that I was looking forward to eating at! It's too bad that Animal Kingdom has so few CS restaurants.

mousaholic
05-09-2007, 04:59 PM
I just read on my Disney Link that Tusker house will reopen as a TS buffet restaurant with A Donald Safari Character Breakfast. It does not say when this will happen.:mickey:

GrmGrninGost
05-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Tusker House is my fave CS at AK! Can't believe it will be closed while we're there!:( Guess we'll have to go to another park/resort for lunch that day.

Mickey91
05-09-2007, 05:58 PM
I read they are going to a TS buffet also. It says there will a Donald Safari breakfast. Do you think this will take the place of Breakfastasaurus or be in addition to? If it is in addition to the Breakfastasaurus, why another Donald meal in the same park???

My DH and I just discovered this gem at AK last year and are very sad:( we will no longer have it as an option. Without a decent CS restaraunt, there really isn't any reason to stay past lunch. Hit the Highlights and go to another park.

Figment!
05-09-2007, 07:39 PM
:cop: Moderator Note :cop:

The full announcement of the conversion has been posted in:

Tusker House to Host Two New Buffets Starting November 2007 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=104273) .

Let's please continue discussion about the conversion there, and use this thread to answer the original poster's question of:
where else would I be able to get a fried chicken sandwich.

Ed
05-09-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm just curious to know exactly what a "friend" chicken sandwich is. :confused:

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe Pizzafari (sp?) might have fried chicken sandwiches.