PDA

View Full Version : We found the Paint brush, but..

CU Tiger
05-08-2007, 10:02 PM
We were lucky enough to find one of the paintbrushes on Tom Sawyer's Island :clappy: and received a Fast Pass that can be used anytime to either Splash Mountain or Thunder Mountain. The hunt was fun for the family and we would do it again, but I though you won an all-day Fast Pass for all rides:confused: . Did they once give this as a reward or was I just dreaming? :mickey:

sagitarius
05-08-2007, 10:11 PM
As far as I know, its always been the Splash Mtn./ Big Thunder Mtn. fastpass.:confused:

Pop Centurion
05-08-2007, 10:20 PM
This is what makes Intercot so great. I'm always finding new bits of information. I always skipped TSI because I thought it was just a spot for kids to explore. I had no idea you hunt for stuff and could get a FP. Sounds like my Niece will enjoy this and will definitely have to do it this year.

GiltterDisneyGirl
05-09-2007, 01:26 AM
As far as I know, its always been the Splash Mtn./ Big Thunder Mtn. fastpass.:confused:

I think that's right.

Clotho
05-09-2007, 02:01 AM
I can't really say that it is a "place to hunt for things" per se. The paintbrushes are the only huntable thing, and even a Big Fan like me never heard of this until a couple years ago. I understand to do so, you need to hit it pretty early in the day, as they only hide about 5 of them (but that is what I read, could be wrong), and once they are out, they are out.

But I still think it's a great place to explore, get away from the crowds, and enjoy a different atmosphere and pace than the rest of the park. We almost ALWAYS spend part of an hour or so out there exploring, sitting in the shade, people/kid watching, watching the boats go by, etc!

Vanlandingham
05-09-2007, 02:29 AM

The two times we found the paint brush that was the prize as well.

Main Street Jim
05-09-2007, 07:05 AM
As a former Frontierland CM, I can tell you that it has never been an "all-day, all-ride" FastPass; it's only been the Thunder/Splash entry. The "all-day, all-ride" thing is part of the prize package for the Year of a Million Dreams, and you need to be in the right place at the right time to get those (those are handed out by other Cast).

As a side note, when I worked out west, I made those paint brushes hard to find :) I'd hide 'em in the caves, in the windmills, in the dark places...I'd make ya work for 'em...LOL

cgriff
05-09-2007, 08:33 AM
As a side note, when I worked out west, I made those paint brushes hard to find :) I'd hide 'em in the caves, in the windmills, in the dark places...I'd make ya work for 'em...LOL

Thanks, Main Street Jim... That's the way it should be imho. Hard to find, not just lying out in the middle of a walkway...

And CU Tiger, it's only a one-time pass for Splash Mt. or Big Thunder Mt.

OctDisney
05-09-2007, 12:02 PM
We found 3 paint brushes one morning, but we were one of first ones there. You have to get there early and they are hidden pretty good, but you just have to keep your eyes open. I am not going to give away where we found them. You have to look for yourself. We were there first thing so it was not crowded and we were actually looking for them.

On a side note, after we found 3 of them(we have 2 boys), we boarding the raft and there was a total of 6 children on the raft.. Another family with 3 children also found 3. There was a 3rd family with 2 children. We gave that family a paint brush and assumed the mom of the other family with 3 paint brushes would do the same. They did not, which was real disappointing. We did receive 2 Fastpasses, but since we already rode Thunder Mtn twice already, we gave one to a newlywed couple. As we were waiting to board the coaster, the father of the family I gave the paint brush to shouted to me and thanked me. They were in the train in front of us. He said he was glad we did that since the line was getting very long. It made my boys feel good we did something nice for 2 families. We did not need 3 fastpasses for BTMR.

mook3y
05-09-2007, 12:23 PM

LOL you ever forget where you hid one if it wasnt found that day?