PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know....

ASweetLov
05-08-2007, 07:39 PM
I know that if you are sick and need to travel with medications you need a doctors not in order for the medication to go with you in the airplane. But does anyone know if you need a note for an inhaler? My best friend will be going with me to WDW in July and she has asthma and needs her inhaler. Would she need a doctors note or will she be fine?

~Natacha~:mickey:

disneymom2000
05-08-2007, 08:00 PM
I just came back from vacation in Costa Rica and the airlines sent me a notice that I could take our medications as long as the name on the medication matched the ID we were using for the flight. Each airline has a link telling you what is acceptable and what isn't. You will have no problem with your medications. Just check with whichever one you are using.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-08-2007, 09:29 PM
I checked with SW when I flew in September. They told me that my inhaler had to be in a box with the sticker that is labled with my info since they do not put a sticker on the inhaler itself. I brought three with me. One for the way down, one for the trip and one for the trip home. I thankfully only opened one and did not have a problem.

That may have changed since then. That was at the time you could not bring any liquids at all in your carry on.

I am sure she will not have a problem.

kakn7294
05-08-2007, 09:37 PM
We didn't require any note and actually, it's the TSA at the airport that you need to worry about, not the airline itself. In December I had my inhaler in the box with my name on the label in my bag. My DD had her medications (several creams/lotions for psoriasis) in the boxes with her name on the labels. I had an ID made for her at our local AAA office - it was simply a full-sized sheet of paper with some personal info like name, address, height, weight, eye and hair color, and a small photo of her that was notorized. They didn't even check it.

tinksmom02
05-08-2007, 10:00 PM
We were just in Disney in Jan, and I didn't get a note for my medications. I put them all in a zip-lock bag, ready to be examined if need be. They were all in their original bottles, with my name, dr's name, etc on them.

I kept DD's ear drops (for the plane ride) in the orinal box, w/ the prescription info on it, in my liquids zip-lock bag.

No one at either airport (Newark or Orlando) had any problems with my meds. They didn't even look twice at them.