PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickey or Crystal Palace

bobpfef
05-08-2007, 04:33 PM
I am planning on starting our next time with breakfast at either Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey. We are me, my wife, and 3 kids, 11, 8, 4.

I'm leaning toward Crystal Palace as it is actually IN Magic Kingdom and I like the idea of being able to get in the park before they are open.

My kids are arguing for Chef Mickey because they like the characters there better, even though they all do like the Pooh characters.

They've asked me which food is better and I've said I'm pretty sure it is about the same.

Wife doesn't care, she just wants to go someplace fun to start out our vacation.

Thoughts?

Jasper
05-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Frankly, I would go for the one with the characters you like best. As for the food, we always felt like the quality of the food was pretty much the same between the two but there are different choices in foods between the two. If you go to the info central tab here at Intercot you can get an idea of the kinds of things that are served.

princessgirls
05-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Both places are fabulous and you would not be disappointed with either.

Chef Mickey's has a "hipper" feel to it, and it is convienent to The Magic Kingdom, but it is not in the park as Crystal Palace...

Good Luck!

Julie:mickey:

mdricks
05-08-2007, 05:07 PM
at the risk of going overboard how about both? We had this same quandry last trip and went with Cp in the am (got some great pics with nobody in the background of kids and castle) and CM in the pm. Worked great for us and i thought the food at CM was great for dinner. Just a thought.....

for what its worth my boys liked CM better but they are about a year past pooh...

Mickey91
05-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Chef Mickeys! It is where your kids want to go and hey, you have to start off with Mickey because it was all started by a mouse!:mickey: The food is the same. You can hop the monorail to the MK after and still be just as good as eating in the MK. I do recommend the Crystal Palace sometime though. But not the first morning!!:mickey:

alpro2
05-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Food is the same. If you are looking to get a head start in MK, then go for CP.

Personally I like CP better. It is just vintage Disney to me.

LibertyTreeGal
05-08-2007, 06:28 PM
We went to both last year for dinner. CP was wonderful and CM was pretty icky.

Nicki'sMom
05-08-2007, 07:02 PM
We had dinner at CM and lunch at CP and had a much better time at CM! Food was great and I think Disney does a beautiful job with breakfast so I bet it would be tasty either place. We liked the character interaction better at CM. We will still be eating at both in September so we can't be too unhappy:thumbsup:

disneyfan328
05-08-2007, 07:57 PM
I am in the same dilema as you, so I did as stated above and booked both :thumbsup: I love the CP and getting in before the park opens for great castle pics, and CM was also tons of fun. The food was pretty similar at both, and can't pick one over the other so I would go with whatever characters are liked better by the kids. I love CP also becuase of the beautiful setting and all of the flowers and greenery. Its just so pretty in there :blush:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-08-2007, 09:14 PM
We have dined at both and while we enjoy both, my vote would be for Crystal Palace. We just love everything about it. We usually get one of the first seatings. There is nothing better then having the castle all to yourself for pics.

Chef Mickey's is great, more energy. We also get an early seating there and get to MK before they open. They take your pic too. A nice way to start your trip.

Wherever you decide you will have a great time!!

CU Tiger
05-08-2007, 09:36 PM
I would have to vote for CM. :thumbsup: This is our favorite character meal and feel we get to see more of the popular characters as compared with the others. :mickey:

minnie1956
05-08-2007, 09:51 PM
My 17 yo says give the children what they want and you will be much happier that way.:D
We' ve done both, CM's is louder, more a festive atmosphere, and much more fun.
According to DD. CP is nice, more sedate
good food, but different than CM's.
While I love the breakfast bread pudding @ CP
You can't beat twirling your napkin around your head @ CM to get the vacation started.
My daughter repeats:
Give the children what they want!!
:blush:

baby minnie's mommy
05-08-2007, 10:11 PM
My "vote" is to go with what the kids prefer in this particular situation. :mickey: If it were a separate drive to get to Chef Mickey's it might be more of a hassle, but you're talking the difference of a monorail trip - no parking & loading in and out of the car a second time. Decide if the small amount of extra time getting in the park early is worth exchanging for the memories of eating at the place that makes your kids' eyes sparkle the most.
You can use it as leverage, too. "You guys picked breakfast, now Mom and I pick dinner!" etc.;)

GrmGrninGost
05-08-2007, 11:50 PM
I would pick CM!:mickey: I like the characters there, and the food is wonderful! Also, you can walk to MK if you want.(less than 10 minutes):thumbsup:

BritCody
05-09-2007, 06:56 AM
We love them both and we typically go to both during our vacations. Like others have said why not go to both. If you can only go to one during your trip then I would go with what the kids want.

pox24
05-09-2007, 07:24 AM
Chef Mickeys:thumbsup:

bobpfef
05-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks for all the comments. I'm leaning toward CM, just because the two oldest kids prefer that, though the youngest would rather do Pooh.

As far as doing both, I hadn't really thought of that because the rest of the trip we've pretty much have planned solid, it was just that first breakfast that we haven't been able to come to an agreement on.

:mickey:

Shugoondola
05-09-2007, 12:23 PM
I don't think you can go wrong with either one, but I personally like Chef Mickey's for breakfast much better. :party:

:mickey:

jpH/keD
05-09-2007, 08:54 PM
We did dinner at both in '05. My kids were smaller than yours. They were 4 & 2. Tigger scared my 2 yr old to death! We did not care for food at CP. Chef Mickey's wins in our book hands down! Characters were gentle and worked there way up to us. My 2 yr old loved Mickey and all the others. Our friends went with us and they had 2 boys 14 and 6. Even the teenager loved CMs! We are going again and its a safe bet we wont darken the door at CP. But breakfast at MK cannot be bad! You know what they say...location,location.... Have fun no matter where you go! :mickey:

Nekochan
05-09-2007, 09:44 PM
My 12 year old breaks out in hives at the thought of winnie the pooh. Last year he made me go on the pooh ride alone - he wouldn't got with me.