PDA

View Full Version : Bistro!?! Is it worth long pants?

mdricks
05-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Just made a ressie for Bistro a week from Friday. Me and a buddy are down for a long weekend. I like the DDP but it didn't make sense this trip so I wanted to try something that I won't do on the plan. Anybody eat here? What's the wine list like? Food recommendations? I am an adventurous palate with taste for heady reds and good cream sauces. Thanks :number1:

Figment!
05-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Just wanted to point out that Bistro de Paris does not have a dress code.

While the location itself is elegant and many do feel the need to dress to compliment their surroundings, dress shorts would likely be fine.

For that matter, any of the Signature Restaurants that do have a Business Casual dress code consider Dress Shorts appropriate.

The only Disney dining establishment on-property that requires pants is Victoria & Albert's, which has a Formal Dress code.

mdricks
05-08-2007, 03:41 PM
The dining rep is quoting this as a biz casual dining spot (at least he did to me). Please dont tell my employees that means shorts. :D

Bruegge
05-08-2007, 03:54 PM
I have DD's 8 and 3. When I tried to get ressies for Bistro I was told they didn't have a kids menu.

I asked if kids were "discouraged" and the CM said she felt so..

I take my kids to CG and Narcoosee's, I know V&A is out of the question.. but is bistro THAT nice??

We had lunch there in 1989 and at the time it was one of the best meals I've ever had. I was looking forward to doing it again (with the kids)

We felt the pressure and settled for Chef's instead. I've gotten mixed reviews about it though.

Do us a favor and let us know if you see any kids

Scott

Figment!
05-08-2007, 04:20 PM
The dining rep is quoting this as a biz casual dining spot (at least he did to me). The dining rep may have interjected their own personal opinion.

Unless there has been a very recent change, the only locations that are published as having a dress code are :

Artist Point
California Grill
Citricos
Flying Fish Cafe
Jiko
Narcoossee's
Victoria & Albert's
Yachtsman SteakhouseSee the Disney Restaurant Dress Code (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dresscodes/default.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central for more basic info.

mdricks
05-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Bruegge, i will keep ,my eyes open for you and report back.