PDA

View Full Version : All-Star Transportation

tony2979
05-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Question for you guys.

If I am picking a all-star resort, and I want to pick the one that the bus will stop at first....which one would I pick?

Is the bus situation at the All-Stars the nightmare that they are made out to be?

Thanks everyone!!!!

bdm@pga
05-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Here is my opinion...Pop century seems to have their own busses because of the location...so you would think better service...however, we found that they have less busses..(I've tried this theory)...then you would think that movies would be the best because it is usually first...not always the case....

We have debated this several times on our trips and found one thing to be true...just pick your favorite hotel and go with it..its a 6 in one, half dozen in the other situation....with that said, I can say that i have found ASMusic to be the best service, layout, and experience...can't show facts..just our opinion..and we have stayed at all of them.

Hope it helps...have fun!! :thumbsup:

Aclay
05-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Actually, ASSp is the first stop. We stayed at ASM last year and the service was terrible. It was the last stop and the buses were always full by the time it got to us. We chose ASSp for this year and I hope that we will be pleased. I hear it is a lot better (with regards to bus service).:mickey:

divinedi
05-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Have been to ASSports many times:thumbsup: , and yes, they are the first to get the bus and the first to unload when you come back too. MK I believe has spots for all three busses, so you get your own, which is nice, especially at the end of the day when the crowds are very intense. Have had very little problems with the busses, always within 15 minutes except once or twice, which is pretty good considering the amount of times we've been. Personally didn't like the bus system at POP, but I guess it's all what one gets used to. Either way, you're at DISNEY, how bad can it be!?! and my motto is chill out, relax, and ENJOY:cloud9: .

c&d
05-09-2007, 02:45 PM
We stayed at AS Movies in April and we didn't have a problem with the buses even though we were the last stop. We usually got a seat and if we had to stand it wasn't that crowded.

I prefer Movies over Sports, it seemed a lot less hectic.

disneymom15
05-09-2007, 03:23 PM
We've stayed at all 4 value resorts. Although we prefer POP, there is nothing wrong with any of the other values. Disney has the bus situation down pat. Sometimes you may have to wait longer than 15 minutes, but eventually a bus shows up and takes you to your destination. It is true, Sports is the first resort on the bus line. Whichever you select will be just fine. Hope you enjoy your Disney experience.

Belle's Mom
05-09-2007, 03:27 PM
I stayed at ASSp in 2004 and read that it was the first to pick up and the first to drop off. We found this to be true! It was a good bus experience.:mickey:

Mickey91
05-09-2007, 09:14 PM
We were at the Pop for part of our stay the first week of Dec '06. All the resorts were at capacity that week. I found that going from the resort to a park, I like Pop better than previous experiences at AS. But, coming from the park, there were sometimes 5 busses lined up at the AS stop and more coming( there were more people to accommodate, but not in proportion to the bus service), while at the Pop bus stop, I waited for over 20 min. for 1 bus.

Good luck deciding. Unless you are going during the busiest possible time, I think you will be just fine with the busses.

prttynpnk
05-10-2007, 07:03 AM
I stayed at ASSp in 2004 and read that it was the first to pick up and the first to drop off. We found this to be true! It was a good bus experience.:mickey:

We usually stay at Movies and when we have rooms in the Herbie building, we will get off at Sports and cut across the parkinglot as a shortcut. The real wait isn't that long- we've never had real complaints.

MR SANDERS
05-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Perhaps it has just been my luck (or lack of it), but we have never had a pleasant experience with the busses going to/from All Star Resorts. The going to is not too bad if you start early or after lunch. The mid-morning crowds seem to be the worst. Coming back at closing time is absolutely horrendous! We waited over two hours for a bus leaving AK for the ASR. We even called the transportation center three times and each time, they assured us it would be only 15 more minutes. There are so many more rooms at these resorts, but not that many more busses. Perhaps this has changed since 2005, the last time we stayed at an ASR, but I don't know.
There is one positive thing, though. Waiting forever for a bus and then being herded into it like cattle provides great opportunity for sharing with other guests and making new friends. Sharing tough times often brings others closer, so if you must ride the busses, be patient, be flexible, and make some new friends!