PDA

View Full Version : Just back from Animal Kingdom Lodge

Dicecatt262
05-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Stayed 2 nights...Loved it. Cast Members were superb. They did receive my request, which was Zebra Trail, Arusha rock, but the CM suggested a different spot since she said I would be bothered by construction. So she put me on floor 3, Kudu Trail Arusha rock, and we still saw plenty of zebras! It was amazing, watching Ankole cattle, Zebras, giraffes, birds...all from our balcony. Loved the Storytelling around the firepit. One day they closed the pool for a while because of lightening, and the lifeguards brought out crafts for kids. The parade in the lobby was a lot of fun for my kids too. Loved my stay. Bus was very efficient. Loved Jiko, Boma was just okay.

Any questions?

mrs.jacksparrow
05-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Hi! :mickey: I just confirmed for two nights in Oct. the 8 and 9th.
I booked a savana room. It will be just me and my son (5)
Can you explain the different trails and the benefits of staying with views of which particular ones.
Is there any really bad consturction going on?
But mostly I want to know about the rooms and view requests!
i can't wait :cloud9:

TiggeRia
05-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Can you explain the different trails and the benefits of staying with views of which particular ones.
Is there any really bad consturction going on?

I'd like to know this, as well! My DBF and I have the AKL with a savanna view booked from 10/1 through 10/8 and I'd love to learn a little more about the hotel and your stay there :mickey: !

TexasPrincessAurora
05-08-2007, 03:57 PM
We really didn't notice much noise from the construction at all. If you were on your balcony during the day you could hear faint noises of work going on in the distance.

The difference/benefit of staying on different trails is simply the type of animals you will see. The sunset savannah has ostrichs, the arusha has zebras and the uzima has kudus. The giraffes are the only animal consistent to each of the three savannahs. For example we requested Arusha because DS3 LOVES zebras. It's simply a personal preference. If you don't make a request ahead of time they can show you at check in which animals are on which savannah/trail.

Dicecatt262
05-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally I requested Zebra Trail Arusha Savannah. The CM told me I would be bothered by construction on that side, I told her I trusted her to put me in a good spot. I was still on Arusha, but on Kudu trail, I thought that meant no zebras, but there were zebras in view almost all the time. There were times where 4 zebra, several ankole cattle, and 3 or 4 giraffes were hanging out right in front of my room!

When I stay there again ( I say when, not if, because it is spectacular) I will now request Arusha savannah, Kudu trail, 3rd or 4th floor. It seems to be a quieter wing. It is a bit of a walk from the lobby, however the walk down the hallway is cool because you get to see animals along the way. I enjoyed seeing the Ostriches from the midpoint in the hallway. I didn't check out Uzima or Sunset, but I would definitely recommend my spot...I saw animals almost constantly, yet it was a quiet, relaxing spot...barely heard any noise from other guests, it is far enough removed from the lobby that the noise is nonexistent, but still on the same floor...I also think you have a better chance of getting your request if you ask for Kudu, since a majority of people seem to ask for Zebra.

Everyone I asked about views said Zebra, but Kudu is just as good and apparently unaffected by the construction. You see most all of the animals except for impala and ostrich (I think, there may be a couple more missing) on Arusha. I would not hesitate to stay in the exact room I stayed in, there was no one next to me either on one side because it was a landing in the hallway, room 3331.