PDA

View Full Version : Fires and asthma

Lynn J Mc
05-08-2007, 09:28 AM
OK - so now I am hearing about fires in north and mid Florida. My asthma is alreay acting up and we leave for DW in 11 days. Does anyone have any idea what the air quality will be like? I really was hoping to ditch the inhaler.

Strmchsr
05-08-2007, 10:47 AM
It's hard to say in that time. Hopefully by then the fires will be better under control. The high winds yesterday and today aren't helping, but a little rain has fallen that is helping some. It's dry enough down there that I definitely would keep the inhaler handy as smoke from the fires will be a possibility pretty much all summer.

Beast_fanatic
05-08-2007, 09:38 PM
When we were there in late May of 2001, there were grass fires all over, and the air quality was pretty bad. I would absolutely recommend taking your inhaler with you.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-08-2007, 09:45 PM
I would definatley take an inhaler with you. I never go on vacation (or anywhere) without at least one.
I went to Yankee Stadium in NYC last night (which we do quite often) and something in the air really gave me a hard time. I have never had a problem before in the City but I was extremely glad I remembered to grab my inhaler from the car when we parked.

faline
05-09-2007, 05:38 AM
I'd definitely recommend taking your inhaler and any other necessary meds with you. I don't have asthma but was really bothered by the smoke when we were at Disney a few years ago during a bad outbreak of fires!

Tigerlilly
05-09-2007, 08:26 AM
We got back this past Saturday and honestly the smoke was awful. We had not been there 5 hours and my daughter and I - who do not normally suffer allergies or asthma - were both suffering allergy like symptoms. The smoke was not something we planned on! We drove all through Georgia and never saw the smoke till Florida.

lylone
05-10-2007, 10:15 AM
We also got back from the World on Saturday May 5th and we both had chest tightness and were popping Musinex because of the smoke in the air.
It wasn't that thick, but definately there was a haze in the air. There were also fires north of Orlando in Florida that were contributing. I would defiantely take the inhaler, and any meds with you to the parks. I always carried a fanny pack with meds for that reason.

Tigerlilly
05-11-2007, 02:38 PM
I did not realize there were fires north of Orlando, that makes SOOOO Much more sense!! I just could not get over how much smoke there was for it being so far away!:ack:

crazypoohbear
05-11-2007, 07:01 PM
You should always bring your inhaler with you!.
Even if the current fires are well under control before you leave, you don't know when another one could start up. better safe than sorry