PDA

View Full Version : How many points did your cruise cost?

Volksjager
05-08-2007, 08:51 AM
Hey folks;

I am interested hearing how much your cruise cost in relation to points? Would do anything different regarding rooms or points the next time?

I could go the cold, hard point sheet but I am interested in your exeperience as a DVC'r...

NewmanFamily6
05-08-2007, 10:12 AM
We are going January 2008 & it is costing us 514 points.

Priority Four
05-08-2007, 11:39 AM
We can't stay away from the resorts long enough to save points for a cruise, so we just paid cash. It was awesome!

Volksjager
05-09-2007, 08:34 AM
yeah, I can see that being a problem...I'm hoping to buy more points in order to ensure I have enough saved up for a cruise in the time alotted for banking and borrowing.

Of course, having more points also means more time in a 2-bedroom unit when we visit, which is not too hard to get used to!

MR SANDERS
05-11-2007, 10:44 AM
MY DW and I have thought about it and thought about it and we just don't think it is a good value to use three years worth of points for one cruise. We will pay cash for it when we have enough. Some friends have rented their points and then used that money to pay for the cruise, but I don't think we'll go that route.

Tinkermom
05-13-2007, 09:41 PM
We just booked our first Disney cruise a few weeks ago! :joy:

There are 5 of us (myself, DH and 3 kids) and we are staying in a category 4 stateroom and going in February '08. We decided to do part points and part cash. We paid for myself and DH (1st two in stateroom) using points and it was 542 points. We paid cash for the 3 kids. We love that owning DVC made this possible for us to do. We can't wait for the cruise!:mickey: