PDA

View Full Version : Important information!

DisneyorBust
05-08-2007, 08:24 AM
Moderators; please move this if necessary.

I just want to let everyone know that Disney Dining IS accepting ADR's for MVMCP!
My DW heard a rumour yesterday, so I called and was able to secure an ADR for December 4th, at LTT. One problem though, the only time I could secure was 6:45 pm! Nothing earlier, so if you need to, call soon!

Strmchsr
05-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Spoke with a CM at 8:00 CDT am this morning. She said yes, some CMs make reservations 180 days ahead. However, that is not supposed to be done. They are NOT accepting reservations more than 180 days in advance, even for the MVMCP. Some folks going to MVMCP are under their 180 day window, but this is not a general policy for all parties. The CM put me through to the manager (she was extremely helpful) just so I could confirm everything. The manager informed me that anyone who made a reservation more than 180 days in advance needs to call back and confirm because even if the CM enters the reservation and gives a confirmation number the computer system should automatically kick that reservation out during the evening backup/system processing. It's the failsafe to prevent cheating in the system. It's automatic and the CM has no control over it. So, if you or anyone has made an ADR for MVMCP or any other reason over the 180 day mark chances are the computer automatically canceled it. You'll need to confirm.

DisneyorBust
05-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks Chris!
I'll give them a call and take it from there, I'm glad that you were able to find out more info.
I am wondering though; how many CM's have done this? The CM that I delt with had no ADR's available before 6:45 pm on Dec 4th. I hope that other times will become available.

amy711
05-08-2007, 10:33 AM
I just got off of the phone with a Disney Rep and a manager. I made my reservation for December 4 at 6:05 pm and it is still a valid reservation. They are making an exception for people doing the parade, but you have to ask for it, they don't offer it if you don't.Just to be safe I will make sure when I make my other ADRs that this reservation is still in their system.

Strmchsr
05-08-2007, 10:37 AM
I am wondering though; how many CM's have done this? The CM that I delt with had no ADR's available before 6:45 pm on Dec 4th. I hope that other times will become available.

That's a good question. I wouldn't imagine too many are doing it, but that could be a big problem for folks who arrive expecting their ADR only to find out their number doesn't exist because the system kicked it out.

I'm sure more times will open up. Since Dec 4 does not hit the 180 day mark until June and no one is within 10 days of Dec 4 no times should be taken up at the moment. I imagine the reason the CM had only 6:45 is because the computer hadn't released the blocks yet, but somehow that one time came up. Who knows but I hope you get it straightened out!

DisneyorBust
05-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Chris, my plan is to wait until the 'official' 180 mark and to be on the telephone at 6:59 am, all in the hope of getting a better (for us) ADR.
But I am not going to cancel my ADR, not until I secure one at 180 days.
As always THANKS!

kakn7294
05-08-2007, 02:26 PM
I did this last year and it was a valid reservation - no problems at all! I called for an ADR for LTT for our MVMCP date well before the 180 mark after I had seen on another site that they were taking reservations. The CM at first told me "no, you'll have to call back on ----" but when I explained it was for MVMCP, she said "oh, yeah, we can make it for the party" and scheduled us in at 6:40p. However, since seeing this thread and talking to others since our party last year, I have come to the conclusion that they only make the reservations for the parties for times after 6pm. I would definately call back at the 180 day mark and see if you can get an earlier time instead but if not, 6:45p isn't bad. We finished dinner with 15 min to spare to watch the first parade right outside of the restaurant doors.

katieandrob
05-08-2007, 04:45 PM
I to was asked if I wanted to make a reservation for Dec. 11. Although I passed for the time being.