PDA

View Full Version : Should I plan on getting Water Parks and More for "Me and Mom" trip?

SingingPixie
05-07-2007, 08:49 PM
My mom and I are planning a trip for August 2008. Should we plan on getting the waterparks and more add-on? I'm sure we won't do Disneyquest (I went there w/ my ex in Jan '06 and didn't really like it, and there definitely wasn't much my mom would be into), but I'm not sure about the waterparks and Pleasure Island. We're not big partiers but I could see us grabbing a drink at the Adventurers Club or the Comedy Warehouse- certainly wouldn't do the dance clubs. As for the waterparks, I'm kind of up in the air. I think there's enough for us to do for 8 days w/o going to the waterparks, but it might be a nice break in the August heat. What would you do?

Nekochan
05-07-2007, 10:30 PM
You can always 'add on' anytime you want, so I would buy the regular tickets, and add on the water parks/pleasure island option if/when you want it.

Here we go again...
05-08-2007, 08:22 AM
We had a great time at the comedy club. :thumbsup:

I agree that you should buy basic tickets and upgrade if you decide to go to PI.
If you and your mom just want to go have a drink 1 night, you could always sit out at the resort bar. Or, Pay for 1 night only at Pleasure Island.

maizey05
05-08-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm not much of a PI fan. I would definately do the water park though. We prefer BB, because of the loooonnng lazy river. My mom loves it too. Have fun!

Harriet
05-12-2007, 08:09 AM
I am a 60 plus woman and I love Typhoon Lagoon,Surf pool and Lasy Creek. I prefer this over BB. I think BB is more for the younger set. As far as PI the only thing here is CW and AC but other then that it is just not a place I go anymore since it has downgraded so much. I agree with you on DQ not my cup of tea.You need to way the cost of an upgrade to purchasing a one day ticket. If you are staying on property ask yourself if you would prefer your resort pool over a water park.

acetate
05-16-2007, 03:56 PM
I'd say yes you should add for the water parks alone. We love them and our group is all over 40. In august they would be a great break from truckin through the parks all day. Of the two, we prefer Blizzard Beach. Seems a lil more spread out and relaxed for some reason. Grab a tube and drift around the park. You'll love it.

Toodle
05-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Go for the water parks. We are both over 50 and we love the water parks. I prefer Typhoon Lagoon and my husband prefers Blizzard Beach. We alternate going to each (okay, usually we go to Typhoon Lagoon a little more often). Sometime we go early - get a couple of lounges and bring a book or a magazine to read when we want to rest. Sometimes, we go to a park in the morning and then go to water park in the afternoon. It is a wonderful way to get out of the heat and humidity.
I think that AAA might be offering some kind of deal right now that includes a certain number of days at the water parks if you buy your tickets at AAA. I live in Florida so I am not sure if that is just for Florida residents but it would be worth checking.