PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood and Vine character lunch

Nicki'sMom
05-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Has anyone eaten at Play and Dine at Hollywood and Vine in the last month or so for lunch? I am trying to decide if I am going to keep this ADR for lunch.

DANAM
05-07-2007, 08:16 PM
I have not but my good friend went during Mardi Gras (Feb) and that's all she raved about. I have been there for dinner before and we enjoyed it but she said this was the best meal/entertainment of her trip. Her daughter is all about JO JO and little einsteins so she could have been partial. She made me book it for our trip in Sept but I could only get Breakfast. You'll have to let me know how it goes.:minnie:

emmatink
05-07-2007, 08:27 PM
That's good to know....I was wondering the same thing. My daughter loves JOJO and that is the only reason we made the reservation for lunch. I was wondering how the food was too!

tinksmom02
05-07-2007, 08:53 PM
We weren't there in the past month, but the end of January, so my info might help a little...

If your kids are in love with jojo and/or little einsteins, this is the place for them! The character interaction was great, and they had 1 0r 2 CMs whose jobs were to get the kids up and dancing, with and without the characters. It was a very entertaining time for DD4. Could be a bit noisy, but not unbearably so, at least for us.

Food was...average buffet food for Disney. There were sandwich meats and breads, salads, some hot dishes (I really enjoyed the seafood pasta dish), and a dessert bar. It wasn't great, but I've had a lot worse. We all found something that we enjoyed.

The worst thing about the meal was that H&V shares their bathroom w/ 50PTC, which means long lines.

Overall, it was a great dining experience for DD, and everyone else enjoyed watching her enjoy it!