PDA

View Full Version : 2 Home Resorts....When can points be used?

Volksjager
05-07-2007, 03:24 PM
OK here is my dilemma, we own at SSR (use year Dec), we want to own at OKW as well.

If I buy a resale with a Use Year of February, and say get 100 points on '08. Then my 150 points come in December from SSR.

Can I use all 250pts to book are trip between Dec '08 and Feb '09?

I guess what I want to know is of I am using points from my 'secondary' source (OKW), am I OK to book with my 11 month window at SSR and still use my OKW points which are past the 7 month window...

okay, am I the only one confused now???

wendy*darling
05-07-2007, 03:39 PM
It can be confusing, especially when you have different Use Years. If you can, try to add on with the same Use Year to make things slightly less confusing.

We own at 3 resorts. The 11 month rule is that you can only book 11 months out at that home resort IF you have enough of that resort's points to do so. For the rest of the points needed, you have to wait until 7 months.

What you could do is book at each resort at 11 months. Say the first 4 nights at SSR and the next 4 nights at OKW. Then at 7 months, switch all the points to the resort you want to stay at. That would at least guarantee you a room for your whole vacation. Even if you have to move halfway through, Disney makes it easy to do so. And it's like having 2 vacations in one.

Hope that made it a little less confusing.

Fortgoofy97
05-07-2007, 05:52 PM
We own at BW and SSR but have the same use year. Having the same use year is a definite plus. If we know when we are going to WDW then we will book a room at the 11mth window. If we want to stay at a different resort then at the 7mth we will make the change. Having different use years will certainly complicate matters down the road at some point. Try for the same use year, remember its vacation not work!!!

Volksjager
05-08-2007, 08:47 AM
If you have to wait until the 7th month window anyway is it worth the hassle to buy at another resort or is it just as worthwhile to purchase additional points at our home resort?

Now I am not talking alot of points, we have 160 at SSR and I am looking to add another 100-110 points, it not like we can book a full 2 week vacation in a 2-bdr at either location for those amount of points...

Maleficent's Dad
05-08-2007, 08:51 PM
If you have to wait until the 7th month window anyway is it worth the hassle to buy at another resort or is it just as worthwhile to purchase additional points at our home resort?
Tough to say... :scratch:

We own at two different resorts with the same use year... It provides us with options! There is something to say about all your points at one resort - but you had best love that resort! :mickey: