PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Safari/EE question for the experts...

scooterca42
05-07-2007, 12:51 PM
I know this has been discussed before, but I was curious about the dates we're going to be there - the third week in September. Planning on being there the 18th or the 19th.

We have NEVER yet been to AK at all, and are looking forward to it very much. But we've got the personalized maps and we're looking at where everything is - hmmm. Particularly EE to the Safari.

What would you do - get the EE fastpass and do the Safari, or get the fastpass and ride EE once in standby and then do the Safari and then EE again, or do the safari and then try for a fastpass? :confused:

merlinmagic4
05-07-2007, 01:03 PM
We went straight to Safari at park opening. We waited a very short time. Then we went to EE to fastpass it but the standby was only 20 minutes. I think there will be a zillion ways to do it. The key is you know you need to get both of those done early so I think you'll do okay any number of ways. The crowds should be rather low so that makes it even easier!

Have a GREAT trip!

faline
05-08-2007, 05:44 AM
On our last trip, we got fast passes for Expedition: Everest as soon as we entered the park. From there, we took in the Lion King Show. By then, our window to get another fast pass had opened so we picked up Safari fast passses before using our Everest fast passes.

As noted, there are any number of ways and combinations in which to take in both attractions!

scooterca42
05-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Heh - overplanning again, I guess...:blush:

thanks for the responses!

Stickey
05-08-2007, 01:01 PM
The AK should not be overly crowded on these days. We prefer to start at Kilamanjaro Safaris, then head to Everest. You can then grab a FP if you want to go back on Everest.

Now you can explore the park. I recommend additional trips on KS, as animal activity varies throughout the day. Make sure you look at the schedule for the Lion King. The parade is also a must.

:simba: :elephant:

disneygirlie11
05-08-2007, 09:06 PM
I went that same week last year and you really don't need to worry. We went to EE early afternoon and there was a 10 minute posted wait....although it was really more like 5 minutes!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Have a great time at AK. You will love it.
We will be there the same week and have gone at that time for the past couple of years. The crowds are always very manageable so it will not matter too much which you do first. I agree with going on the Safari a couple of times. We do the same thing.
Don't miss The Festival Of The Lion King. It is #1 on our must do's at AK.

:thumbsup: