PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Lodge construction 5/11-5/16

NyDisneyGirl
05-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Hey everyone! I am going to be down at AKL from 5/11-5/16. I was reading some reviews about how guests were being disturbed by the construction going on at the hotel and power outages during the night, etc. Does anyone know if this is a big problem? We like to lay out by the pool in the am and relax so if it's extremely noisy with work going on, we won't be able to do that. What do u think?

Tinkerfreak
05-07-2007, 01:32 PM
DH and I were just there april 26th through the 29th and we heard nothing. I was expecting to hear some noise but to be honest if I had not read on here about the construction I would have never known it was going on. The only reason we knew was because when we looked up to the top floor from the pool we could see some of the furniture out on the balcony and there was plastic on the outside over the sliding doors. We were on the 4th floor Kuda Trail and heard nothing at all. Even sitting at the pool bar we never heard any noise. We did get a notice one night about a power outage but the alarm clock was not blinking in the morning and we never noticed any power loss. They also were suggesting that if you needed to get up at a certain time that you schedule a wake-up call.
Hope my info helped.

NyDisneyGirl
05-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the answer!

Tigerinvestigator
05-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Stayed there 4 nights last week (April 28-May2) and heard nothing. You can see the construction going on up on the 5th and 6th floor balconies, but that is it. We spent two nights around the pool and it was quiet and peaceful as always.:thumbsup:

Dicecatt262
05-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Just got back, heard nothing!