PDA

View Full Version : Counterservice throughout the world

Hayden's Dad
05-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Hey everybody,
We are leaving in three days for Hayden's Magical Wish trip with most of our family, 12 in all. Each day we have a character meal planned so that takes care of our table service, but what are your suggestions for counter service. Thanks!!!

GreenBeetle
05-07-2007, 10:28 AM
We enjoy Cosmic Rays or Pecos Bills at MK and Tusker House at AK. Our last trip we tried Pizza Planet at MGM. Not too bad as pizza and salad goes (I've had worse), but if you have kids in the party they would probably enjoy it there. Epcot really depends what everyone is in the mood for - so many options to choose from there.

Mickey91
05-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Cosmic Rays at MK

Electric Umbrella or something from World showcase depending on your tastes at EPCOT

Tusker House at AK

For the kids Pizza Planet at MGM

grammy3
05-07-2007, 11:43 AM
We like....

AK- Flaming Tree
MK-Casey's
Epcot-Sunshine Seasons? Food Court next to Soarin
MGM -ABC commissary

Grammy3

Hayden's Dad
05-07-2007, 12:22 PM
I was under the impression that most of the resteraunts in World Showcase were considered table service, and by the time we are ready to eat we will probably be in that part of Epcot. Does anyone have any place in particular they would recommend there? Also there will be about 12 of us all together.

Bruegge
05-07-2007, 12:30 PM
I was under the impression that most of the resteraunts in World Showcase were considered table service,.

Most have a table service area... several have a counter or take away section too.

Have fun,

Scott

Tick-Tock
05-07-2007, 12:44 PM
For WS, there are counter service locations at least in Mexico, China, USA, Japan, Morocco, and UK, and tasty snack areas (bakeries) as well in Norway and France. I think Germany now also has a booth selling some items out front (looked like it was leftover from the Food & Wine Festival).

We especially like Tangierine Cafe in Morocco.

GrmGrninGost
05-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Don't miss Cosmic Rays at MK!:mickey: As for Epcot, the Electric Umbrella is fun. At MGM, we like Pizza Planet. At AK? Definitely Tusker House!:thumbsup:

BriarRose0708
05-07-2007, 03:43 PM
I really liked Colombia Harbour House because it's a break from the normal hot dog, burger and fries deals. The New England Clam Chowder is awesome, and they have a very spacious dining room upstairs not many people know about so you can get a table even on some of the most crowded days.

Crow
05-07-2007, 04:28 PM
MK Pecos Bills is only place i tried really
MGM gonna try toy story as i love pizza
AK havent tried
Epcot, ive eaten at most of the places in WS
i like Lotus Blossom
Kringla bakery in Norway
fish n chips in England

magickingdom67
05-07-2007, 04:33 PM
MK-Pecos Bill's or Columbia Harbor House
Epcot-Sunshine Seasons or Cantina de San Angel
AK-Tusker House
DS-Pizza Planet for kids

ldc12377
05-07-2007, 05:51 PM
I haven't eaten there myself by the last time my mom was there in 2005, she came home raving at the fish-n-chips in England part of the world showcase. She has already requested that we eat there on our next trip. Just so you know, my mom will eat just about anything (she hates to waste food) but there are very few things that she will rave about so those fish-n-chips must be pretty great.

She also liked Peco Bill's in the MK because of the fixin's bar and Chef Mickey's ( my mom is very "frugal" and this is about the only restaurant anywhere that she would gladly pay double to go to again!!)

Aggie97
05-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Our CS favorites are:

MK - Cosmic Ray's
AK - Flame Tree BBQ
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons, Tangierine Cafe, Cantina de San Angel
DTD - Earl of Sandwich

Have a great trip!!

Natazu
05-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Jym's Top-7 Best WDW Counter Service
7. The Mara
6. Tusker House
5. Cosmic Ray’s
4. Cantina de San Angel
3. Earl of Sandwich
2. Cookes of Dublin
1. Tangierine Café

Hayden's Dad
05-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Thank you so much guys. That really helps. WE ARE LEAVING TOMORROW!!!!!!

lightyearfan
05-09-2007, 12:46 PM
here would be our choices for counter service for all the parks:

MK- Pinnochio Village
Epcot- The Electric Umbrella or The American Pavillion
MGM- Toy Story Pizza Planet
AK- Tusker House

Have fun and enjoy

Victor:mickey:

KylesMom
05-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Have a great time, Hayden's Dad!

Magic Kingdom - Columbia Harbour House
Epcot - America Pavillion (pulled pork sandwiches = :thumbsup: )
Animal Kingdom - Pizzafari (nice & cool when it's HOT)
MGM - Backlot Express

tkbk
05-09-2007, 11:26 PM
Another vote for Tusker House at AK, I think it is the best counter service we have been to in all of WDW. Great Food!

Vanlandingham
05-10-2007, 01:03 AM
I really liked Colombia Harbour House because it's a break from the normal hot dog, burger and fries deals. The New England Clam Chowder is awesome, and they have a very spacious dining room upstairs not many people know about so you can get a table even on some of the most crowded days.

This is the one that I always recommend to people. I'm not sure they still do this, but they used to serve the Clam Chowder in a bread bowl, which was awesome in itself. But I second all of the points made above.

BritCody
05-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Our favorites are:

MK Columbia Harbor House
MGM Pizza Planet
AK Flame Tree BBQ