PDA

View Full Version : Spring Fling April 20-29, 2007 Final Thoughts

Mickey'sGirl
05-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Me: Jennifer (Galactic Hero -- 37yr old in a 60yr old body with a 12yr old approach!)
DH: Brian (39) – my partner in crime for 14 married years (on Apr 17) and numerous WDW adventures!
DS8: Harry – seasoned WDW veteran, lover of the shooting gallery and arcades – usually patient and accommodating older sibling.
DS3: Euan – knows his way around the parks – fan of Splash, Test Track, TTA and Spaceship Earth. “If he’s not running; he’s asleep!”

Final thoughts

Buffalo – There is no other way to fly to Orlando from Toronto. Painless and cheap. We’re doing it again in October.

Summer vs. the rest of the year – All things considered, I prefer the summer. The parks are open longer, which is more conducive to our method of touring. We like to go in the morning, return to the resort in the afternoon, then go in the evening.

Crowds – I don’t know that there is a slow time at WDW any more. We were down the first week of January, and for this trip at the end of April. I found the parks “summertime” crowded during each visit. If I have to deal with the crowds, at least give me the extended park hours!

Ranger Status – I wasn’t able to reprise my Galactic Hero game on Buzz. Do I retain my current status, or will I be demoted?

Fantasmic – The Fantasmic dinner package is brilliant and worth the money. We truly enjoyed our meal at Hollywood and Vine, and the limited waiting for perfectly good seats was a Godsend!

MGM – One of my favourite things about this trip was watching how much Harry enjoyed the street performances at MGM. He didn’t need to be a part of them, but he sure liked being up close to the action!

Hotels – Yes, we still love the POFQ, and we enjoyed our All Star Sports stay in January….but I think that we will be aiming for one trip per year at one of the Epcot resorts going forward. I loved the strolling about that was made so easy by their proximity to Epcot and MGM.

Special Friends -- When we got into our room, there was a lovely bag full of goodies (which we ate all week) and some Happy Anniversary balloons sent by HndrdPrcnt (John) and his family. It was a beautiful surprise!

Intercot Meets – I recommend trying to attend a little meet with another Intercottee when you can. It is wonderful to put faces to names, and to enjoy one of your favourite places with others who feel the same way. You never know the friendships you might discover!

California Grill – Everyone should go at least once. The view alone is worth the cost of the meal. Good company makes it even better!

Even with the illness at the end of our holiday, we had a terrific time! It was lovely to see Pogo and Patti and to get to spend time with them, and our other Intercot friends. We did not get to spend nearly enough time over at Epcot as we lost a couple of days…. And we ended up spending far too much time at the AK! We will have to rectify this situation with another trip!

merlinmagic4
05-07-2007, 11:03 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed all of your reports! I'm sorry we missed you by only a day.......we left on the 20th from Orlando and flew out of Tampa on the 21st. I'm so glad you had a great trip and got to meet some Intercotees! Sorry Brian got sick :sick: but it sounds like you made the best of it. Thanks again for the reports:thumbsup:

pogo
05-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Cousin........ I really enjoyed your trip reports more this time than any others from your past because now I know how lovely you, Brian, Harry and Euan are. You are one great family !:thumbsup:

I'm so glad we have become friends (not just cyber friends) and I look forward to seeing you guys again very soon. :yes:

Thanks for being you and thanks for sharing your reports with us. :D

CanadianWDWFan
05-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Bear with me folks! I am in process of uploading all of our pictures. I have some of them done, so please check out this link (http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/brianv4/album?.dir=bec8re2&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos) for the pictures.

I hope to have the rest of them done soon!:blush:

Thanks for reading our trip reorts. I am glad that you all are enjoying them as much as we did making our trip memories.

merlinmagic4
05-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Oh, I LOVED your pictures......get moving on the rest, would you? ;) Thanks so much for sharing them!!!! I think you got a lot of the garden festival shots I should have gotten!

disneydrmr
05-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Wonderful reports and wonderful pictures! BUT.. I didn't see a Stitch photo in there..;)

CanadianWDWFan
05-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Wonderful reports and wonderful pictures! BUT.. I didn't see a Stitch photo in there..;)
He is coming! I am still uploading pictures as we speak!

KylesMom
05-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Haven't gotten to the pictures yet, but I wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed reading your family's trip reports. It sounds like a few of the old and a bunch of the new were conquered on this trip!

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful memories with us!!! :mickey:

sleepingbooty
05-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the wrap - up, Good tips!:thumbsup: I truly enjoyed reading all about your wonderful vacation!:mickey:

January-2007
05-08-2007, 01:42 PM
A wonderful vacation. Thanks for taking the time to put it all together and share your thoughts about the trip. It really was a joy reading them, and your pictures are great! :mickey:

faline
05-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Your trip does sound as though it was a mixed bag! Glad you still enjoyed it!

Nascfan
05-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Very nice trip reports. Thank you Brian and Jenn! :thumbsup: It's too bad Brian got sick for part of it, but it looks like you guys all had a great time.

Dsnygirl
05-09-2007, 02:13 AM
:mickey: Thanks so much for the reports & pictures, guys... your boys are too cute! Now I just need a good family shot to look at so I'll recognize you all in October... :) Glad you had such a fun time, even with the flu bug Brian got... your boys looked like they had the best time! :thumbsup:

Christine
05-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Jen, I have read every day of your trip but I got impatient waiting for the "post reply" page to come up b/c I couldn't wait to read the next day! So here is my all in one reply!

I am sorry that you had to cancel/miss some of your ADRs! That stinks, but at least you have the chance to catch them again in October!

I am so sorry that Brian got sick...I guess the only thing to be grateful for is that it was at the END of the trip and not the entire duration???

That is great you got to meet so many I-COT friends! How nice! And it sounds like you had a nice balance between park time and R&R down time!

Glad your travel was safe and uneventful. I imagine seeing Niagra Falls in the air was breathtaking!

DizNee143
05-09-2007, 03:44 PM
im glad you and your family had a great time in disney..besides a few missed ADRs and an illness..cant wait to hear for oct to hear about your next trip!! thank you so much for sharing your trip with us!! :mickey:

MissStyles
05-11-2007, 07:53 AM
Thanks for taking us along on your trip Jenn! Despite Brian's illness and a few missed ADRs it seems like everything was wonderful. I like how you just took things easy when you had to and did the parks at your own pace. Looks like you really got to enjoy your resort as well. I'm glad you had a fun time with all the Intercotees. I think the coolest thing was when you were on the TTA and spotted your son, that is amazing!!!!! :D

HndrdPrcnt
05-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Jenn -

As always, great trip reports! Thanks for taking us all on your trip with you! I am so glad that the goodie bag got to your room and that it provided you with some eats for the room...and now you have a lovely tote bag (we got the same one delivered to us on our trip and it became Jen's hospital bag when I was there for my surgery - a way to keep a Disney smile on our faces!)

I am looking forward to our meet in '08!!

pdrlkr
05-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

DizneyFreak2002
05-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

RedSoxFan
05-13-2007, 10:15 PM
I enjoyed reading all your trip reports and pictures. Despite Brian getting sick, it sounds like you had a wonderful time.:mickey:

ElenitaB
05-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Jenn and Brian, thanks for sharing your trip with us! I've loved reading about it and can't wait to meet you all in October!

Hotels – Yes, we still love the POFQ, and we enjoyed our All Star Sports stay in January….but I think that we will be aiming for one trip per year at one of the Epcot resorts going forward. I loved the strolling about that was made so easy by their proximity to Epcot and MGM.
I'm with you... if whenever we have a non-DVC stay, I'm drawn immediately to POFQ. But otherwise, I love BWV for its location!

ChipnDaleGal
05-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Thanks for all the time and effort you put into all your reports. They were very entertaining. I am so sorry that Brian was so sick for part of your vacation, that is always such a disappointment. But I am glad that you still had a nice trip and were able to meet up with some Intercot pals. Thanks for sharing it with us. :mickey:

princessgirls
05-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Jenn,

Thanks for sharing your report. Even with your DH getting sick, it sounds like a wonderful time!

Julie:mickey: