PDA

View Full Version : Spring Fling April 20-29, 2007 Day 10

Mickey'sGirl
05-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Me: Jennifer (Galactic Hero -- 37yr old in a 60yr old body with a 12yr old approach!)
DH: Brian (39) – my partner in crime for 14 married years (on Apr 17) and numerous WDW adventures!
DS8: Harry – seasoned WDW veteran, lover of the shooting gallery and arcades – usually patient and accommodating older sibling.
DS3: Euan – knows his way around the parks – fan of Splash, Test Track, TTA and Spaceship Earth. “If he’s not running; he’s asleep!”

Day 10 – Sunday April 29, 2007

Stitch called and got me up early. I had to finish packing up the last minute items and get things going….we had a breakfast date at ‘Ohana (the boys favourite breakfast). So – with that done, Brian packed up the car, and we were off! Bye POFQ!!!! See you next time! We decided to park at MK, as the kids wanted to spend the morning there. We were closer to the TTC than ever, and walked to it, then over to the Poly. It really is a beautiful resort – especially in the morning! We got to the podium in lots of time, and were quickly seated at our usual table (the past 6 meals – dinner or breakfast – have put us at one of two adjacent tables each and every time. I’m not complaining, just commenting.) Our server was from Mississauga Ontario (just to the west of Toronto) and a nice guy. He got the bread and juice coming right away! Euan was wearing his Sorcerer Mickey hat (that he had acquired in the past couple of days – and even liked to sleep in!). With Autograph books and pens securely in hand, they anxiously waited for the gang….. Alas! Just as Stitch arrived, the parade started up, and they had to wait just a little bit longer. It was a terrific breakfast with great food and character interaction …. Although poor Brian was still only eating waffles and drinking juice.

After breakfast, we hopped on the monorail and rode around to MK for the last time. We had no real plan, but wanted to try to hit our favourites if at all possible. We rode Buzz, the TTA – skipped the Teacups at Brian’s request – Peter Pan, HM, the Shooting Gallery (of course) – and I got to see Woody, Jessie et al at the Cowboy party. We went around and rode Splash using the Stand By queue (Brian came in line with us, but left just as we boarded). By this time, the crowds were arriving, so we went to see what Pirates was like before hitting the shops. The wait was too long, so we opted for :bar: :bar: then went to the shops. I wanted to buy some treats for my niece and our soon to be niece/nephew and Harry wanted to buy something for our babysitter. Euan picked up a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD (we don’t get it in Canada – so he was over the moon!) and before we knew it – we had spent another small fortune…. This is ok though. I was able to buy a framed pin set for $15!! The only issue was where and how to put this stuff seeing as we were already packed up and ready to go? We returned Euan’s cart, then went up to do a final circle of MK on the Railroad before we left. What a great way to end the trip! Then out to the monorail and our car for the trip home. We stopped at McDonalds on our way – to catch a little more Channel 96, and get some food into the kids before hitting the airport. We also needed to gas up the car.

We thought we were getting to the airport early – but as it turned out we were pretty well timed! It took us forever to return our rental car and call an elevator down. I had asked Concierge to print our boarding passes the day before, but we still had to “check in” at the desk….and the line was nuts! Oh well – we soon did that, put our bags over for screening, then went through security to go over to the Terminal. I wanted to get some food for the flight home. Our flight was at 6, and it would be a long time before I could get them anything! There was a grab and go sandwich place, where I bought some fruit, drinks and turkey sandwiches for the plane. We headed over to the gate and waited for about 15 minutes before we boarded. It was a good flight – and we made good time, so the pilot swung by Niagara Falls to show us the sights. It was beautiful. We landed at about 8:30, retrieved our luggage and were on our way back to our car. $76 to park for 10 days – Brian paid $100 to park for 4 days in Toronto….what a difference. We crossed the border without incident and were on our way home. We got in, unpacked the car and got to bed by midnight. Not too bad.

pogo
05-07-2007, 12:12 PM
All's well that ends well ! :thumbsup:

I'm glad you got home safe and sound. :D

faline
05-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Sounds like a pretty smooth return home!

I've never seen Niagara Falls from the air - must be quite a sight!

offwego
05-07-2007, 03:55 PM
A great day..Glad you had such a good time on your last MK visit for this trip. And a very smooth return home.

disneydrmr
05-07-2007, 04:39 PM
You did remember to tell my Stitchie Poo how much I miss him - right? ;) Have really enjoyed reading your reports! Thanks for sharing! sounds like another week of wonderful memories for you and your family!

KylesMom
05-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Yay! A good character breakfast experience!

You made the most of your last day, taking in what time would allow. I'm sure everyone was a bit melancholy heading out, but at least the trip home was uneventful. On to read your final thoughts . . . :( I'm sad your trip is over.

sleepingbooty
05-08-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip!

January-2007
05-08-2007, 01:36 PM
A good breakfast, the Magic Kingdom in the morning, what better way is there to end a trip, I do not know? Thanks so much for reporting! Glad you got home safe! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
05-09-2007, 02:02 AM
:mickey: I'm glad to see you had time for some final fun before you left - must make it a little easier to go! Sounds like bkfst at 'Ohana's is a "do not miss"... much better than Donald's, it sounds like! Glad to hear you had a safe and uneventful flight home... hope Brian is fully recovered now! (Although I know from some of your other posts everyone else got it... :( ... sorry to hear it. Glad everyone's getting better!)

Thanks so much for sharing all your trip reports - they were awesome.

DizNee143
05-09-2007, 03:23 PM
aww the last day...the day everyone doesnt like!!.but its seems i you had a pretty good one...and good trip back home!! :mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
05-11-2007, 06:49 PM
All in all, sounds like it was a good trip! Sorry about the sickness deal with Brian. That's a HUGE bummer! On our trip Haley had gotten sick for 2 days and it was such a bummer, but in a way, it did slow us down a little for a little R&R.

So, where are you at with the countdown for the next trip??

pdrlkr
05-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-12-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm sorry it's over:( Thanks for sharing your trip with us:thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
05-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

ElenitaB
05-14-2007, 12:19 AM
Well, if one has to have a last day on vacation (and unfortunately we all do :( ), you all did it in grand fashion: breakfast with some of the best characters at 'Ohana and then the tour of the MK! Amazing! And then a great flight home!

Sorry your trip came to an end but it was definitely a happy ending!