PDA

View Full Version : Spring Fling April 20-29, 2007 Day 6

Mickey'sGirl
05-07-2007, 09:54 AM
Me: Jennifer (Galactic Hero -- 37yr old in a 60yr old body with a 12yr old approach!)
DH: Brian (39) – my partner in crime for 14 married years (on Apr 17) and numerous WDW adventures!
DS8: Harry – seasoned WDW veteran, lover of the shooting gallery and arcades – usually patient and accommodating older sibling.
DS3: Euan – knows his way around the parks – fan of Splash, Test Track, TTA and Spaceship Earth. “If he’s not running; he’s asleep!”

Day 6 – Wednesday April 25, 2007

We got up later today to head over to MGM, as we had our Fantasmic package booked for the evening. It was originally booked for the previous day, but we were called about a week before and advised that the park would be closing early and our reservation (made 6 months prior) would have to be rescheduled if possible. Well, the if possible turned out to be 3:50 the following day. Whatever. So, we headed over to MGM and grabbed some snacks. We went and got fastpasses for the Tower of Terror, then headed up to the Great Movie Ride for a spin. Afterward, we went back to Star Tours so the boys could take another tour (I passed) and spent only a little more money at Tatooine Traders on the way out. We went around to see what we could see – Played at the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground for a while, then eventually made our way over to Hollywood and Vine for our very early dinner reservation. We checked in and waited for about 15 minutes, then were seated at a great corner table near the windows. It was lovely and cool inside, and again, we had a terrific server (John). He brought us drinks right away, and we were off to the buffet to try it out. We were all starving!! Harry and Brian really enjoyed the pot roast and green beans (and ice cream of course!), I really liked the Salmon, Euan really liked the rice -- we all really liked the desserts! I definitely prefer H&V to either the 50’s Prime Time or Mama Melrose. We got our Fantasmic coupon, then we were off!

We rode the Tower of Terror using our fast passes from earlier in the day – and got a really great picture of us all (in Row 2 right up front) – So I spent the $20 and bought it. What a great keepsake! We dropped into the photo centre on our way to Oscars to have our 2 Photopass cards combined – that was done no problem – then we were off! We did the Voyage with the Mermaid and Walt’s exhibit, then went back to the main gate. We checked in the back way at about 8:00 (the show was due to start at 8:30) and trekked on up to our seats. We were off to the right about halfway down the grandstand….the seats were fine! Stickers, Popcorn, Water and Buzz Lightyear entertained Euan while we waited …and then we saw the show. It was terrific! We haven’t been since Euan was a baby – we were rained out last summer. The boys REALLLLY enjoyed it – and Euey couldn’t believe it when Mickey kept appearing in different forms at the end … Harry of course explained to me that there was more than one Mickey on stage…..I am so glad that we were able to see it again! The exit was slow, but steady – but an empty tram was waiting for us, and we were soon at our car. Back to POFQ for a quick turn at the Arcade and a little snacky from the food court, then it was time to call it a night.

pogo
05-07-2007, 11:43 AM
This was another great day at WDW. I'm glad you saw Fantasmic again. This is our favorite show. :cloud9:

Going to read day seven. :D

offwego
05-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Don't you just love how ice cream becomes a food group at WDW?

A great day thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

disneydrmr
05-07-2007, 03:53 PM
At least your boys are getting their daily calcium/dairy intake! :D Fantasmic is one heck of a show! Glad you were able to catch it!

faline
05-08-2007, 05:53 AM
Fantasmic sounds like it was worth the early dining time!

KylesMom
05-08-2007, 09:47 AM
DS still insists he's not going NEAR the ToT this year . . . :mickey: honestly, Jenn, I don't know if I'll try it either! Wow, another trip to Tattoine Traders and you didn't break the bank?! :thumbsup:

I'm so glad you had an enjoyable dinner, the rain stayed away and you got to see Fantasmic this trip! I know how disappointing it was for you last time. :mickey:

Great reports, Jenn!

sleepingbooty
05-08-2007, 10:25 AM
You were smart to do the Fantasmic dinner package to ensure seats after having to miss it last year! Sounds like everything went off without a hitch!

January-2007
05-08-2007, 01:13 PM
I love MGM, so glad you had a great day there. We're trying Hollywood and Vine for the first time at the end of the month, I'm really glad you all liked it. Sounds like another fabulous day. Thanks for sharing it with us! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
05-09-2007, 01:42 AM
:mickey: What a fun day! Glad to hear you enjoyed dinner @ H&V... we did the same package last May, and everyone said the food was great - 'cept me, as I had a cold and couldn't taste anything that night. :( So, I got some alcoholic blue drink that had a light in it - I figured, if I can't taste anything, I may as well enjoy something I can "feel" and enjoy watching light up! :blush: Glad you guys had so much fun!

DizNee143
05-09-2007, 12:50 PM
what a nice day you guys had at MGM...im glad you all enjoyed Fantasmic!!...thanx for sharing..:mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
05-11-2007, 06:31 PM
We will have to give H&V a try on our next trip to WDW. That is one that we have not done yet. We did have ressies on our last trip, but didn't make it (was breakfast ressies) with the characters. Oh well!

Sounds like this was a really good trip that was at a nice, not-so-rushed pace!:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
05-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-12-2007, 02:52 AM
I love Hollywood & Vine, I think the food is delicious. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
05-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

ElenitaB
05-14-2007, 12:01 AM
At least your boys are getting their daily calcium/dairy intake! :D
My thoughts exactly!

Another great day... glad that you got to see Fantasmic again!