PDA

View Full Version : Which would you pick?

ldc12377
05-07-2007, 09:51 AM
We are trying to decide between going to Cali Grill for supper and fireworks or going to O'Hana for supper and fireworks. Our are 8 of us and 4 of those are kids (14, 8, 6, & 2). We are using the dining plan so if we decide on Cali Grill then we will have to pay OOP for extra meals somewhere else. Also the 2yo is very "moody".... some days he is wonderful and could sit very nicely through a meal..other days he is grumpy and can't sit through a potty break...There is no middle ground with him.
Please help us decide!!!

Bruegge
05-07-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm not much help.... I have been to both... I have ressies for both on my next trip..

My kid was 4 when we went to Cali Grill the first time... they (2002) had white paper over the white tablecloths so the kids could color on the table... I was shocked (in a good way) that they did that at such a nice restaurant... I live for fine dining and won't go to disney unless I can afford a trip to CG, Narcoosee's and a few character meals.

A two year old could be a trick if he/she gets fussy, CG is a long dinner.. hour to 2 hours depending on courses. About the DDP.. you wont regret going to CG if all goes well with the kids.

Ohana's is pure fun and zero stress.. tons of food brought to the table, great for a large group.

Like I said I'm not much help... I gotta do both..

Scott

DVC2004
05-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Both great places, but with kids I'd go with Ohana. It's so laid back and thier's tons of activities for kids (coconut races, hula hoop contests). So if the kids are antsy they can let off some steam. They have a kids meal upon request for the standard kids food if they don't want what is offered. Plus, the food is just so good there. My kids have also been to both but given a choice they pick Ohana. We go every trip.:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
05-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Both are great! But, with the younger children, I would go with Ohana. It is more "fun"! :mickey: