PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help - character breakfasts

Charlee
05-07-2007, 06:33 AM
Hi, I'm new to the board - spend a lot of time looking, never posted before! I'm going with my folks in June - only 5 weeks to go and have a few questions!
It's a special trip and I want to organise a character breakfast for my parents without them knowing, problem is I live in the UK and can't call to make a reservation without them finding out and I'm trying to keep it top secret!
Will I still be able to get a reservation at the Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey when I get there or will they all be booked up?

Thanx for your help! :mickey:

merlinmagic4
05-07-2007, 06:54 AM
Welcome to Intercot!!

That's great that you want to surprise your parents!

I think it is really recommended that you call ahead.......Can you buy a phone card and use that to make the call? That way it doesn't show up on the phone bill :secret:

GreenBeetle
05-07-2007, 08:03 AM
Highly recommend calling in advance to avoid disappointment when you get there. It's harder and harder nowadays to just walk in to any restaurant and be seated.

FriendsofMickey
05-07-2007, 08:28 AM
You could try to e-mail (contact us on the official Disney website). I am not sure if they can do it or not; however, they may be willing to call you?

I think it would be worth a shot.

The phone card is definately a good option, if you can get one.

DisneyorBust
05-07-2007, 08:50 AM
....try a pre-paid telephone card. You need to call in advance to make sure that you are able to get the ADR that you want.
Which character breakfast are you trying to book?
By the way... WELCOME TO INTERCOT!!

Charlee
05-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Thanx for the advice, just needed to know whether I should pre-book or not, I don't want to get there and not be able to get a reservation!

I'm think I'm going to see if my grandparents will get involved in the conspiracy and borrow their phone for the call but if that fails I'll try a phone card. I just really want it to be a surprise, they won't expect it all!

I think I want to book the Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey as we had a character breakfast before at 1900 Park Fare.

Nicki'sMom
05-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Hi Charlee! How is life in the UK? We have eaten at Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace but never for breakfast. I have had breakfast at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club and it was really good. It has Mickey and friends. I don't know where you are staying but I really don't think you can make a mistake here. CP an CM were really good and Disney seems to do breakfast really well. Good luck, I hope you pull it off:thumbsup:

January-2007
05-08-2007, 12:11 PM
We'll be in the World just before you, leaving June 3, and Chef Mickey's is completely booked for breakfast the entire length of our stay. Try to call ASAP and take whatever you can get, because I would hate to think you'd be dissapointed when you got there! Good luck, and WELCOME TO INTERCOT! :mickey:

maizey05
05-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Welcome! Don't know if it was just my lucky day, but last year we got an ADR for O'hana's character breakfast, the day before. Same story, my DH wanted to surprise us. It all worked out. I would e mail Disney, maybe they can help you.:mickey:

TexasPrincessAurora
05-08-2007, 04:12 PM
How neat that you are planning to surprise them! What fun!

I'd definitely find way to to call. Crystal Palace I know is typically completely booked the day of. It's wonderful for breakfast though and the characters there are especially great!

Hope you figure something out!

Charlee
05-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Just wanted to say thanx for everybodies advice - I went to my grandparents house today and booked a character breakfast at the CP, a character dinner at CM and lunch at the Coral Reef! I thought since I was calling, I might as well make it worth it! :thumbsup:

I'm now far too excited and am trying my hardest to keep it secret! Least there's only a month to go! :mickey:

SurferStitch
05-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Congrats, Charlee!!

I think you (and your parents) will love breakfast at CP. I was going to suggest breakfast there instead of CM, only because the breakfast at CP is a little less.....chaotic. :thedolls: Don't get me wrong...we love the CM breakfast (food is great), but it's a little more lively, and your parents will probably like CP more.

We've never done CM for dinner, but our friends have, and they said it's great.

If you can get a table (and it's very difficult here since it's so popular), try to get breakfast at 'Ohana when you arrive (or call back again if you can from home). Very relaxed, very good food served family style, and the greatest characters EVER with Lilo and Stitch!!! :stitch2: Then again, I'm partial....;)

tinksmom02
05-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Just wanted to say thanx for everybodies advice - I went to my grandparents house today and booked a character breakfast at the CP, a character dinner at CM and lunch at the Coral Reef! I thought since I was calling, I might as well make it worth it! :thumbsup:

I'm now far too excited and am trying my hardest to keep it secret! Least there's only a month to go! :mickey:

Congrats! I think you made great choices, and I hope you and your parents enjoy!

Mickey91
05-11-2007, 10:19 PM
:congrats: :tink: :pixie::pixie::pixie::tink:Here's some extra pixie dust! Have a great time!!