PDA

View Full Version : Events/happenings in January 2008

Sunshine1010
05-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Could anyone write down what events and/or happenings (and their dates) that will be going on during January 2008....

I've read that there are marathons, among other things, but does anyone have the dates?

When is the best time to go during this month...and the worst time?

Also - is it hard to get a ressie for January for a 7mo out (DVC) reservation?

Thank you so much in advance....

faline
05-07-2007, 05:40 AM
The marathon will be on January 12th.

The National Collegiate Cheerleading Competition will run January 18-20th.

Martin Luther King Day will be on the 21st.

This year, I went at the very end of the month - after all these events had passed.

I can't help you with DVC trends. You may need to ask that question in the DVC forum.

dmallan
05-07-2007, 08:12 PM
The National Collegiate Cheerleading Competition will run January 18-20th.

Yikes! How are the crowds for that weekend?
We were thinking of January as well and trying to avoid marathon weekend, but still get it in before my son goes back to classes on January 22nd.
We've gone in September and November and were spoiled by the almost non-exsistant crowds. I thought January would be the same, but they seem to have special events scheduled for many of the weekends.

Pipalotta
05-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Yikes! How are the crowds for that weekend?
We were thinking of January as well and trying to avoid marathon weekend, but still get it in before my son goes back to classes on January 22nd.
We've gone in September and November and were spoiled by the almost non-exsistant crowds. I thought January would be the same, but they seem to have special events scheduled for many of the weekends.

That weekend is going to be crowded because not only is it cheerleading but it is also MLK Jr weekend and in my research this weekend will be crowded.

I too will be returning to school around the 22, so we are going 5-12 and leaving the day of the half marathon so hopefully it wont be that crowded that first part of the week. Terrisue at MJ told me this as far as the marathon goes, "Its like A Bug's Life, they come, they run the marathon, and they go". And I am hard pressed to think people are going to crowded the parks right before they have to run, Friday might be a bit crowded at MK but we plan to hop that day anyways.