PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Spring Break Question

disneyvivi1980
05-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Since it's hard for me to get the vacation time I want this fall from work, I have been tiold by my boss that I must change the first week of September for another period. (OK, I'm done ranting...)

My question is: Is mid-April to the end of April a good time to visit? How are the crowds? From what I understand it's regular season.

May524
05-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Spring break/Easter is VERY crazy at DisneyWorld. Very insane! However, I am sure it's doable, but be ready for some huge crowds.

BronxTigger
05-06-2007, 11:39 AM
I would not go at that time. Try another time. November (not around Thanksgiving) might be a good option. Try for value rates...they are value because they are less crowded times to go. The only disadvantage to that is those are the times Disney usually uses to do major rehabs, so some good rides might be closed.

Avoid all school holidays if you possibly can...they are the most crowded times. U.S. Spring Breaks are not the same time across the nation; they typically range from early March through late April, with the busiest being the weeks right around Passover and Easter.

disneyvivi1980
05-06-2007, 01:53 PM
In 2008.*Easter will be on March 23. Should that be any indication that the crowds might be lighter by the end of April?

Also, what time frame do you recommend if I wish to go anytime between January and April and I would like to avoid enormous crowds and huge gatherings.

I already have half my vacation time scheduled for this September and the person I am teamed up with takes November to be on vacation (we cannot be both on vacation at the same time)...

Thanks for all the help in my planning

(Also, just a pointer, I'm a Canadian resident and here spring break isn't as huge as it is in the US)

BigRedDad
05-06-2007, 02:07 PM
If Jan - April are your time frames, I would recommend Jan after New Years and not MLK weekend. First two weeks of Feb are great with it getting slightly busier around Presidents Day week.

Strmchsr
05-06-2007, 03:21 PM
By late April the crowds really calm down, and I think with Easter so early this year mid-April should be much better in 2008 than in most years.

pcoleman
05-06-2007, 07:36 PM
We just got back from a April14-21 trip. It was wonderful. Everybody who went for the holiday were leaving. I think the end of April is more than doable. The weather is better than November too.

disneyvivi1980
05-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Here's a heads-up on the latest in my vacation saga :lol:

I wasn't able to select anything in April as our financial year ends on March 31st.

Therefore, according to the pricing of the Value Resorts (in '07) I selected the weeks of Jan 27-Feb 2 and Feb 3-9. From the info I found on another website MLK is on Jan 21 so a week after that holiday should be okay right?

Thanks again for reading my ongoing story and helping me pick the best dates.

:thumbsup:

King Triton
05-07-2007, 12:42 PM
By late April the crowds really calm down, and I think with Easter so early this year mid-April should be much better in 2008 than in most years.

I agree with this. Late April should be pretty good in 2008.

Jasper
05-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Part of what makes the end of April a bit of a gamble is it depends on whether you are talking about college spring breaks or elementary/high school spring breaks. Typically U.S. college spring breaks are in March and the others are in late March/Early April with some going as late as the end of April.

However, having said that, a lot of elementary/high school spring breaks are based upon when Easter happens. Because of that I would say that late April in 2008 should be a fairly decent time to go.

disneyvivi1980
05-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Please consider the following information in order to reply to my message...

I wasn't able to select anything in April as our financial year ends on March 31st.

Therefore, according to the pricing of the Value Resorts (in '07) I selected the weeks of Jan 27-Feb 2 and Feb 3-9. From the info I found on another website MLK is on Jan 21 so a week after that holiday should be okay right?

By the way, thank you for explaining properly how the spring break system works. :):)

Beast_fanatic
05-07-2007, 09:31 PM

I think you'd be pretty good with either of those sets of dates. :thumbsup:

wendy*darling
05-07-2007, 10:53 PM
I selected the weeks of Jan 27-Feb 2 and Feb 3-9. From the info I found on another website MLK is on Jan 21 so a week after that holiday should be okay right?
I think you'll be safe with either of those weeks. You are way ahead of the start of spring break 'season' and past MLK weekend.
You should have decent weather, low crowds, but shorter park hours.

Beckybalz
05-08-2007, 10:09 AM
I know that you are not going in April anymore, but for those of you that are interested - our Spring vacation in MA is going to be later in 2008 - it is the week of April 21-25th.