PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Villa - 1br - BEST price?

coffeeyumm
05-06-2007, 10:07 AM
I'm dreaming of an April 2008 trip to WDW to celebrate our 20th wedding Anniversary (3 night stay/long weekend), and even though the value resorts would be MUCH easier to save for, my DREAM is staying at the Wilderness Lodge or in a Villa... what is the LEAST expensive you've ever stayed at:

Wilderness Lodge:
Wilderness VILLA (1BR):

In your opinion, would a villa be quieter and more private (not as many children running up & down hallways late at night??) This will be like a 2nd honeymoon for us, so....... :blush:

MonoMan
05-06-2007, 03:02 PM
You should check into a honeymoon suite at WL. They used to have four of them and they had a king bed and a whirlpool tub. I believe they still have them (we went pre-rehab) or look at a concerige deluxe room, they would be about the same price or less than a one bedroom villa. Unless you want the kitchen and washer and dryer...then the villa is the way to go. We've stayed in all three (without kids) and loved them all, so I don't think you can go wrong no matter what you decide.

DVC2004
05-06-2007, 07:19 PM
The villas will be the quietest, most private option. We didn't hear another soul our entire stay there last Sept. The cheapest way would probably be to rent points from a DVC member. Otherwise the DVC accomodations can get pretty pricey. You will enjoy it there- beautiful resort and great dining options. Be sure to try Artist Point for a romantic dinner.

TikiGoddess
05-06-2007, 09:25 PM
I booked a standard room with a AAA room rate for this summer, and with tax it is a tad over $200 a night. We will be staying during 'value season' for the deluxes.

I think the going rate for renting points from a DVC member is around $10 a point. For April (this year, next year's point charts aren't out) you would need 30 points for a 1 bdrm (Sun-Thurs) or 60 points for Fri-Sat. 270 for the week. You could get a studio for 14 pts (Sun-Thurs) or 32 pts (Fri-Sat), 134 weekly.

PM me if you'd like me to send you a site that has tons of DVC point resale info.

TikiG