PDA

View Full Version : Another dining plan question?

ckaranassos
05-06-2007, 08:17 AM
I have a 10 year old. (Hard to think of her as an adult) Well she is light as a feather and is also a semi picky eater. Does anyone know if table service restaurants would allow her to still order from children's menu and count it toward her dining plan? She is getting very upset having to eat off the adult menu. Thanks!!

Seasonscraps
05-06-2007, 08:42 AM
I am sure they would but it would be really ineffective cost wise to pay the adult price for her meal plan and not eat off the adult menu.

Strmchsr
05-06-2007, 08:44 AM
:ditto: I agree that if the 10 year old doesn't want to eat off the adult menu, getting the DDP is probably not a good idea.

ckaranassos
05-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Thanks, we were fortunate to get the free dining plan. Most of our tableservice meals are at places that host buffets, so it won't affect us too much. Ironically, my eight year old son may actually be able to pull off the adult meal. So we may just have to switch the meals.

ElenitaB
05-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Actually when we went last May, I ran the numbers for every day we were on the Dining Plan. Even with DS (then 10) ordering off the kid's menu, the Dining Plan proved to be cost effective and saved us money. (You need to factor in all meal expenses, including beverages, gratuities and taxes.)

And when we went in November (also on the Dining Plan) we found the same thing to be true. Also, at Coral Reef they adapted an adult's entree to a more kid's taste by grilling his chicken and serving sauce on the side.