PDA

View Full Version : Change resorts?

metroliner
05-05-2007, 07:55 PM
So here is my situation... My family currently has reservations at the CR in a garden wing room for early June.

With all the construction and new refurbishments planned in the coming year, I'm worried about our stay here.

I'm strongly considering moving to a ASMu suite and waiting to go to the CR next year.

Is there a huge difference between these two?
What would you do?????? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!:confused:

Sticky Mickey
05-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Personnaly I would stay at the CR. I am only saying this because you have the walkway to MK, and the Monorail ( you cant forget sticky mickeys are there ;) )
I have never been to a ASMu suite and I am sure they are nice rooms but, CR is my fav. resort and that is just my opinon :thumbsup: :mickey:

Have a good trip :)

January-2007
05-05-2007, 09:22 PM
I've never stayed at either, but obviously there's going to be a HUGE difference, one being deluxe, the other value. I would stay at the Contemporary Resort if given the choice. Good luck with your decision, it's hard to know what it will be like until you get there in terms of noise and what not. Hopefully someone who has stayed there recently will be able to chime in on that one. :mickey:

Niecyboo
05-05-2007, 09:56 PM
We were at the Contemporary just last week, and even when walking around outside, we barely noticed the construction. All the rooms are already refurbed and the concource refurbs are being done very subtly. We barely noticed them going on either.

mttafire
05-05-2007, 10:03 PM
I gotta tell ya, C.R. is one of our favorite resorts, It and W.L. is where we like to stay IF we have enough cash for that years trip. Even with the construction, If you can afford it..Id stay with C.R. :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
05-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Oh my gosh, don't switch to the All Stars from the Contemporary!

If you are really concerned, why not switch to one of the other deluxe resorts? I wouldn't make it a choice between CR and a value if it's not a financial stretch for you. You lose a LOT going from monorail deluxe to a value...

mrsgaribaldi
05-05-2007, 10:46 PM
What about the Polynesian if money is not a concern? We stayed at the Contemporary with a MK view in Nov and at the Poly in a regular room and we both loved the Poly much more than the CR. To us it just has a nicer feel. The people were so friendly, the monorail is so convenient. Just a thought. Have a great trip:thumbsup: :mickey:

metroliner
05-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Thanks. I really appreciate all the good advice..........

I was just really worried about all that's going on at the CR. It seems if I waited and went next summer, everything would be "new"

I really wish we were staying in the tower and not the garden wing. Oh well, I hope our experience is good!

Mickey91
05-06-2007, 11:09 PM
I would never go from CR to a value. Try the Poly or WL. They are beautiful!! Also, I cannot imagine that WDW would allow construction to interfere with resort quality. But if you are concerned then maybe you should consider moving. But, there is a HUGE difference in value and Deluxe.

KylesMom
05-07-2007, 01:05 PM
I was just really worried about all that's going on at the CR. It seems if I waited and went next summer, everything would be "new"

I really wish we were staying in the tower and not the garden wing. Oh well, I hope our experience is good!

I honestly don't believe that if you waited until next summer the resort would be completed. It sounds like it will be a long-term project to erect the type of structure everyone has been speculating about.

You asked if there was a huge difference between CR and All Star Music. In a word, YES. After staying in all of the All Stars and working our way up to Deluxe, we stayed in both the North and South Garden Wings. If it would not have been cost prohibitive the last two years (no A/P rates available), we'd be there again. Truly a Magical experience being so close to the MK! It sounds as though Disney is doing a good job of keeping the construction activities "off stage". With the entire South Wing being refurbished, I think you'll have a great time. :mickey:

Bruegge
05-08-2007, 03:42 PM
I hope I'm right here??

If you're in a garden wing... you're farther away from the constuction/destruction of the other "wing". The CR tower is between you and the "work area"

I agree, if you're worried go to poly.. Otherwise stay put..

Nobody (at this site or others) have complained about the work being done. (except the fact a 16 story DVC site will replace the old wing.)

Scott

TammiMcMan
05-08-2007, 09:24 PM
The timelines I have for some of the renovations is:

- Partitioned lobby renovations from June through November 2007
- the Fantasia gift shop reopening in August
- new landscaping and rerouting guests pathways will take place from July through October
- Food & Fun center closed from the end of July until April 2008 (temporary counter service near the Outer Rim lounge)
- Concourse Steakhouse closed April 2008 - August 2008 for major renovations

Are you considering the change to ASM suites, so that you can come back next year and stay at the CR? Or do you normally vacation there every year anyway? None of us knows your financial situation, but if staying at a value means you can take another trip in 12 months as opposed to waiting a few more years, I'd definitely consider it. You'll be giving up some amenities to stay at a value, but maybe those things are not that important right now.

No one seems to know what's going on with the other garden unit that was torn down. They may finish the excavation, landscape around it and the project could be put on hold. Other than the Steakhouse, it sounds like all interior renovations will be completed by next summer though.

It's a tough decision, but I think either one you choose, will be fine. You'll still be at Disney :thumbsup:.

metroliner
05-08-2007, 10:19 PM
I really do appreciate all the insight from you people....

My family goes to disney every summer and we like to stay at a different resort each time. I was thinking of saving my CR visit until all the refurbishments were finished. There are five in my family and that narrows down our choices to mostly deluxe resorts.

I think we will stick with the CR for this summer. I just didn't want to visit with everything torn apart on the inside. It's an awful lot of money to go and be disappointed, you know?

KODABEAR
05-10-2007, 03:13 PM
One of the great things about WDW is it is ever changing! There will always be re-model somewhere. AS Suites are an alternative but completely different if you're use to delux resorts. Think positive about your vac. nothing is perfect but that's what makes family time so precious!! ENJOY!!:mickey: