PDA

View Full Version : smoking rooms at POP

septembergirl
05-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Hello:
We are on the books for September with free dining! I saw on another thread that Disney is implementing a non-smoking policy this summer. This is good news for us as we have asthma issues and allergies. I was wondering though how the rooms at Pop were designated. We are staying in a preferred location. I am not sure what that means because I have read differing info. So my question is, are the preferred locations automatically non smoking and which buildings are they? Also, has anyone had bad experiences by a) being unable to get a non smoking request and/or b)being left with the smell of the last guest's smoky smell?:ill:
Thanks.

:mickey:

LynneM
05-05-2007, 07:04 PM
You'll definitely be able to get a non-smoking room in September, because as of June 1, there will be not be ANY smoking rooms at POP, or any other WDW resort. Not a single one.

Check out this thread; you'll see that they're taking smoking rooms out of service in May to deep clean them. By September, you should be fine.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103826

Hammer
05-05-2007, 08:06 PM
As the previous poster stated, all hotel rooms will be non-smoking as of June 1, 2007. Each resort, however, will have designated outdoor smoking areas. As of today, Pop Century had not determined where the smoking areas are to be located. I recommend at check-in you verify that your room is not in the vicinity of any of the designated smoking areas at Pop Century if you think it could bother you.

septembergirl
05-05-2007, 08:14 PM
I recommend at check-in you verify that your room is not in the vicinity of any of the designated smoking areas at Pop Century if you think it could bother you.

Thanks. I will definitely take that advice and request when I send in my room request as well.

Strmchsr
05-07-2007, 02:33 PM
In answer to your specific question - the rooms that were previously smoking rooms will receive a full cleaning once the non-smoking policy goes into effect (drapes, carpet, walls, etc) to ensure no trace of the smoke remains. You shouldn't have an issue.