PDA

View Full Version : Tony's town square or Libery Tree Tavern

bcd88
05-04-2007, 10:15 PM
need advice...
this will be our first trip to Disney with kids (age 2, 5 & 8) in August with dining plan.: I already made ADR to Tony Town Square on one evening,but it's at 8:30pm, heard some bad reviews about it. wonder should I change to Liberty Tree Tavern?
ADR on : CRT for breakfast,
Garden Grill for dinner
LeCellier for dinner (it will be late at 8:30pm, probably will keep it)
Ohana for dinner
:confused:

DisneyAddict62
05-04-2007, 11:17 PM
We ate at Tony's once, have eaten at Liberty Tree every trip!

em-n-mia's-mommy
05-04-2007, 11:45 PM
I have eaten at both places. I personally felt that tonys town square was the better of the two. HTH!

bcd88
05-05-2007, 12:33 PM
thanks for the info. concern about if 8:30pm will be too late for the kids or will miss the firework.

-bcd88:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
05-05-2007, 01:43 PM
wonder should I change to Liberty Tree Tavern?
Two very different places...
LTT serves a family style meal and there are characters coming around (at least for dinner).
Tony's is a more elegant establishment (with regards to decor) and has a subtle Lady & the Tramp theme. They specialize in Italian food (at least Disney refers to it as Italian food! ;) ).
Both places are pretty decent (IMHO), but your best bet is to check the menus here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp).

thanks for the info. concern about if 8:30pm will be too late for the kids or will miss the firework.
What is your DATE for travel?
In August, Wishes (at the MK) is shown at either 9 or 10 PM, varying by dates. You'd definitely miss the 9 PM show, and you could most likely see the 10 PM show.
If you're referring to the Le Cellier ressie, you'll definitely miss Illuminations as that's at 9 PM every night.
You can check times here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/events.asp#August_Events).

DisneyGiant
05-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern will be better for the kids. Trust me on this.

And if your dinner ends around parade time - there's great viewing there that isn't too crowded.

The only time I liked Tony's was for breakfast, and I believed they stopped serving it - which was a shame - they had awesome french toast!

On another note - 8:30 may be too late for the kiddies. Last year my nephew who was 5 at the time took cat naps during dinner - and that was for a 6:30 seating. He even slept thru the singing at Al Fredo's!!!!!

Jared
05-05-2007, 03:19 PM
If your family enjoys character meals, choose Liberty Tree Tavern. The food is better, and children usually love the atmosphere.

:)

Mom2princesses
05-05-2007, 09:17 PM
I have eaten at both places and I like both of them. It depends on what type of food you are looking to eat. But I do agree that 8:30 is pretty late for the litte ones. It might be better to get an earlier time. We ate at Tony's when my older daughter was 5 and she loved it.

LTT does have the characters for dinner and it is like Thanksgiving food. My 5 year old loved it there too!

We are doing both in August. My 5 year old is now 10 and we have another daughter who is 3! Our latest ADR is at 7 for Hoop Dee Doo review and I am a bit worried about that one. I would try to get earlier times because it just might be too much for the 2 year old.

Have a great trip

bcd88
05-05-2007, 10:16 PM
my husband probably will like the menu at Tony's better than Liberty Tree Tavern. he also said it may be too many character meals. Hey, but it's the kids that counts most :secret: I will call to see if other times are available, if not, probably will change to LTT. Thanks all.

ElenitaB
05-06-2007, 09:43 AM
This isn't directly related to dining but rather to getting through the afternoon and dinner in August at WDW without major meltdowns on the part of the kids and/or the parents ;) — take an afternoon break! You don't mention if you're staying on property or not, but many of us have found that it's almost mandatory to go back to our hotel, visit the pool and sneak in a nap. You might even be catching a few zzzz's while Orlando does its summer afternoon "rain thing." With a break, everyone will be better prepared for a later dinner time than usual.

P.S. My son (now 11) really likes LTT for dinner.

GrmGrninGost
05-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Liberty Tree!:mickey:

jefmblrd
05-06-2007, 01:33 PM
I've only eaten at Tony's and wouldn't go back. I don't even put it on par with an Olive Garden, which isn't very good.

GreenBeetle
05-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Liberty Tree for sure! Especially with small children! :D

bcd88
05-06-2007, 09:34 PM
we will be staying at Pop Century from 8/21 - 8/28. I am planning to take a break in the afternoon too. thanks for the advice. :thumbsup: I will call them tomorrow to see if I can change the dining place. thanks all.

Mickey91
05-06-2007, 11:14 PM
Liberty Tree!:wave:

Queen Stephanie
05-07-2007, 08:48 PM
I have to vote LTT on this one...your kids will love the characters, the Thanksgiving style dinner and atmosphere. Trust me, you and your spouse will love it just as much too!:mickey:

bcd88
05-08-2007, 07:29 AM
I called WDW dining to change to Liberty Tree Tavern. we will have an early dinner at 4:30pm. Thanks all.:mickey: