PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy?

crazykids
05-04-2007, 09:00 PM
DH & I are definitely interested in DVC, our problem we're facing is where & when to buy. We definitely would choose Animal Kingdom Villas over Saratoga Springs, but our first choice would be the rumored Contemporary. We like to be where there is a lot going on and close to a lot of things & that is the thing holding us back from the Animal Kingdom Villas. DH isn't really interested in resale because of the contract length. We intend to visit at least once a year, prefer to stay at deluxe resorts, & have 3 very small children - so it is in our interest to buy in. However, we are assuming with the popularity of DVC, it's going to be tougher getting into the other resorts when they are not your "home resort".
Question is - should we buy at Animal Kingdom or should we wait around for a rumor?

Maleficent's Dad
05-04-2007, 09:47 PM
You ask the impossible question: one that only you can really answer.

Some things to consider:
1. Price is only going up (just got a flyer today in the mail that said it was going up $4 per point in June!)
2. Not definite that they'll increase the contract length with each new resort - they've done so with SSR and VAKL, but prior to SSR, all resorts ended the same year

The sooner you buy, the sooner you can enjoy. Not to rush you! We wish we were members #0000001 at OKW - no matter how early you buy, you wish you did so sooner! :thumbsup:

Sharon1026
05-04-2007, 10:31 PM
I thought about AKL, too, however, maintenance fees are more expensive than SSR, and SSR is really nice. You might want to check out both.
I wouldn't wait for a rumor. Buy when you can afford to.

hubbyofadisneyholic
05-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Nothing says you couldn't buy now at AKV and add-on if the rumors about the Contemporary do eventually come true.:thumbsup:

vizsla
05-05-2007, 08:08 AM
I would not be in rush to buy. Take your time and decide on a resort that you know you would like to stay at every trip in the event there is nothing available at the non-home resorts. You are making a big decision, so you want to make the right choice on where you know you will always enjoy staying at. (I have noticed alot of people have rushed into buying into the DVC, especially at SSR and now there are a lot of SSR on the resale market.) You also mentioned that your DH is not interested in resale contract length. I don't know if you mean the time to closing which is usually completed in 4-6 weeks, or the year the contract expires, which would not change from what the current years which are either 2042 or 2054 depending on the resort.