PDA

View Full Version : Festival of the Masters

heart4princephillip
05-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Has anyone been to the Festival of the Masters (the art festival at Downtown Disney in November)?
What were your thoughts?

wendy*darling
05-04-2007, 04:15 PM
I have been twice during this time period.
I enjoyed the Festival- as a diversion from the parks. It is on the weekend only and is held throughout Downtown Disney.
I really enjoyed the chalk painting in the Marketplace- some really fantastic artwork happening right in front of your eyes!
There were various artisan booths- with everything from paintings, to sculpture, to jewelry to stained glass and much more! Lots of it very nice, some odd, some I didn't care for- but that's art!
It was pretty crowded, but not unbearably so.
This is the same weekend in November as Super Soap Weekend (at Disney MGM Studios), the Food & Wine Festival (in Epcot) and the infamous "Jersey Week" which brings a huge influx of families from NJ when our schools are closed for teacher convention.
So it's a busy time all around!
I think the Festival of the Masters is worth a visit while you are in WDW, but not worth a special trip just to see it alone.

pianobabe
05-05-2007, 01:24 PM
I thought the Festival was pretty neat. We went to it for a couple of years when my son was younger. There were areas set aside where a CM would teach the kids how to draw a character. At the end of the session the CM gave my son the drawing she had done of Donald Duck, because it was his birthday. I thought that was very sweet. The talent that was displayed was wonderful. Even if I didn't like a particular style, I know the artist puts a lot of work into it.