PDA

View Full Version : POP or CBR

just2mickey
05-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Which one and why?

January-2007
05-04-2007, 04:53 PM
I've stayed at both. I liked Pop Century better than CBR because it's more "Disney" to me. In the lobby there's lots of cool memorabilia, walking around the resort there are some extremely cool Disney icons, and even in the rooms themselves they had neat posters with Disney stuff. CBR seems more adult maybe, for those who don't want to be saturated 24/7 in "Disney" but I loved Pop Century because we ALWAYS knew where we were! :mickey:

disneymom15
05-04-2007, 05:37 PM
I have also stayed at both. I prefer Pop over CBR. I like the centralized pay station for the food court. We can all go in seperate directions and meet in the middle to pay for our food. I agree with the previous poster that Pop feels more like Disney.

Disney Doll
05-04-2007, 06:01 PM
I thought I remembered a centralized pay station at the CBR foodcourt too. Anyhow, I have stayed at both and prefer CBR.

1. I like the theming and atmosphere at CBR. We built sandcastles on the beach and relaxed in the hammocks. Plus, just walking through all the tropical landscaping was nice. It also just had a more relaxing feel. Because the buildings are somewhat spread out it always feels less crowded even if it is not. At Pop, you cannot avoid the crowds.
2. The pool with water slide was a huge hit with my nephew.
3. The double sinks and ceiling fans made the rooms more comfortable.

Tink#64
05-04-2007, 10:56 PM
I can only say that we love Pop! Have not stayed at CBR, sorry. We really debated trying a mod last year, but they all seemd too "grown up" for us. We love all the over the top fun stuff at POP! To us ( DS's are 9 & 11) this is just WDW!:mickey:

TKDisneylover
05-05-2007, 08:37 AM
We've never stayed at POP, but have stayed at CBR and really enjoyed staying there. The atmosphere is very tropical, and it is much more layed back and quiet. The only downfall is if you have a room across the lake it can be a long walk after a day in the parks. But it was so beautiful walking over the bridge in the morning as the sun was rising. Hope you enjoy your stay whichever resort you choose!

E-OR
05-05-2007, 10:44 AM
We have never stayed at Pop but have stayed at CBR and all the other values. We thought the grounds were so beautiful at CBR. We took walks around the lake in the mornings and rented bikes onece. My kids loved the pool and we did eat at the sit down restaurant there. (the coconut shrimp was great!) The resort is very big and if you get a ways from the main building it can be quite a hike. With small kids the theming at the values seems to be a hit. We were suppose to stay at ASmovies in September but decided to upgrade to POFQ (our favorite moderate) when we got the free meals. The moderates gives you a bit more room, fridge, privacy curtain and a few other things I like. That being said, I still love the values and have no problem staying at one.

mrsgaribaldi
05-05-2007, 10:53 PM
I have stayed at both about 3 times each and I prefer CBR. I love the grounds, the pools in each area, the beach. I also like the ceiling fan and the bigger room. That being said, we are staying at Pop tomorrow since we are just taking a quick trip and won't be in the room alot. Pop is really nice too. You won't be disappointed at either one:mickey: :thumbsup:

WDWgoofy
05-06-2007, 09:18 AM
This a tough choice, as both are my favorites in their respective catagories.

If I had to pick one over the other I would easily say CBR as I like moderate resorts (larger rooms, themeing , atmosphere) over value resorts.

However, if money was part of the question I would have no hesitancy to again stay at POP.:mickey:

Mariašoš
05-06-2007, 08:02 PM
CBR gets our vote! Larger rooms, fridge in room, double sinks, curtain that separates bathroom/sink area to rest of room for privacy when changing, pool for each island, themeing of main pool with slide and hot tub, landscaping, water craft rentals, bike rentals, etc.... The walk over the bridge and island from Jamaica and Aruba is wonderful with caribbean music playing. The food court is absolutely delicious and it does have a centralized pay area...so everyone could go in separate directions to get what they want and then meet up to pay at the same time.

Mickey91
05-06-2007, 11:03 PM
CBR because anytime you have a chance to stay moderate over value, go for it!! It is more relaxing, the pool has a great water slide for the "kids", and the over all atmosphere is better. Also, the rooms are bigger and come with fridges.

PirateLover
05-06-2007, 11:39 PM
Even with the bigger rooms, I choose POP. CBR was a major letdown for me. We found ourselves wishing we had saved money and gone to POP again, or at least had chosen a different Mod.

just2mickey
05-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Thank you to al l who posted. I appreciate all the input.

DDuck66
05-08-2007, 10:30 AM
I have stayed at both and like them each for different reasons. If we have a short trip (3-4 days) we will stay at the POP. It is much lower in cost and we are never in the room except to sleep.
If we have a longer trip planned (7days +), then we will often stay at the CBR. The rooms are bigger and the spread out plan for the resort allows for some relaxation.
Hope that helps!!!