PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 3

Dracula766
05-04-2007, 03:55 AM
So who's seen it and what do you think?

At work we get free passes to advance screenings of movies all the time. Since I work evenings I never get to go.:bang:
I've been a good boy this week so they let me out of my cage early. :joy:

The movie was GREAT!!!!! :thumbsup:

I've always been a big fan of the black costume Spidey and the movie version actually looked really good. I was also really happy with how Venom turned out. I was worried he would look cheesy but he rocked. Unfortunately, he wasn't given the screentime he deserved.

keep an eye out for Stan Lee and Bruce Campbell's cameos. Definitely a nice touch.

kakn7294
05-04-2007, 08:02 AM
The earliest showing locally is 11am - we'll be there. I already bought the tickets yesterday! I don't like the black costume.

Figment!
05-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Saw the midnight screening last night/this morning.

Eh, it was the type of movie that one would expect in that genre, but of the three I though it was by far the weakest.

Some parts of the movie seemed way too dragged out, while other parts seemed way too rushed.

PirateLover
05-04-2007, 01:01 PM
I agree with most of what Figment said. I saw a midnight show as well. Some parts definitely could've been cut, while plotlines I enjoyed more should have been expanded.

Where I disagree is that I had very high expectations. I loved the first 2 movies, 2 especially. I remember leaving that movie theater so pumped up. It was awesome! This one left a bad taste in my mouth though. The ending especially was just kind of... weak.

It was still a good movie. I like Spidey's black suit, and Venom looked like he was pulled straight from the comic books. The Bruce Campbell bit is hysterical as usual. It's just that one the whole, it just wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. I'll probably see it again though. I'll tell you what... That Pirates trailer looked awesome. Our whole audience cheered out loud :number1:

Jeri Lynn
05-04-2007, 07:13 PM
I saw Spiderman 3 today and I really liked it!

Jeff G
05-05-2007, 12:01 AM
Definatley a step backwards from Spiderman 2 and more of what one what expect from a comic book made into a movie. I still enjoyed the movie, just not the wow factor like 2. I would recommend it to others.

kakn7294
05-05-2007, 12:15 AM
I thought it was great although I agree that there were a few loose ends that didn't seem quite tied up. The Stan Lee cameo was cute. It seemed like a good transition from 45 years worth of stories to a movie - easy enough for those who don't know Spider-Man through the years to follow yet enough sticks to the comic book origins to satisfy most Spidey fans. DH is the Spider-Man expert in our house and he loved it - he had nothing bad to say except that it ended.

Jenemmy
05-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Well, I'm not sure if it was the strongest of the 3 movies, but I will say that I thought all the acting was superior. I really can't even single out one actor who seemed weak. Overall, I enjoyed the movie but it wore me out. So many enemies and they just kept coming back and multiplying --lol

WDWizard
05-06-2007, 09:55 AM
I saw it and really liked it. I think it's so popular because it has a little bit of everything- comedy, drama, romance, and a whole lot of action. I think some scenes were really random and confusing though, but overall it was fun to watch. :thumbsup:

cetacean01
05-06-2007, 10:30 AM
My friend really hit the nail on the head when we left the theater. One said to me "It had really great parts like Batman Begins, and really AWFUL moment like Batman and Robin." KIRSTEN DUNST SHOULD NEVER EVER EVER SING AGAIN!!!!!!!:ack:

Bethanymouse
05-06-2007, 05:11 PM
We checked it out last night. I thought all in all it was a good story. Plenty of action and the special effects were pretty awesome. I was sad to see Harry go and the Sandman reminded me a bit of the Mummy movie. I think it was a good movie though. Are there going to be any more?

DizneyFreak2002
05-06-2007, 05:58 PM
So, who wants to start guessing who the villains for Part 4 will be?

NJDad
05-06-2007, 07:26 PM
The villains in this one are the writers of the screenplay.

NotaGeek
05-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Uh, it's sad that the best part of the movie was the trailer for Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix. Spiderman 3 was a stinker. :ack:

WDWfanatic742
05-06-2007, 09:09 PM
I kind of agree with everyone else. The movie was alright, but not as good as the other two.

According to Yahoo, the movie got $148,000,000 this weekend. Not that bad. :cool:

Bethis26fan
05-06-2007, 09:57 PM
I saw it tonight and thought it drag in some places but I liked it. Not as good as the first but a little better than the second.

Emily
05-06-2007, 11:15 PM
I saw it this weekend and really wasn't terribly impressed. The first two were much better. Honestly, I thought some of it was just downright cheesy. Particularly the parts with the "bad" Peter - him strutting around like he was John Travolta with his hair in his eyes (was anyone else reminded of Garth Brooks' alter ego, Chris Gaines?). :rolleyes: It was all just very hokey, and not in a funny-hokey way, just flat out hokey. And I guess I'm in the minority but I thought Venom was cheesy, too. Overall I was just not impressed with the villains.

Luckily I didn't actually pay for it so I'm not too upset about the 2+ hours gone from my life. ;)

Not a terrible movie by any means but certainly nothing to rave about either.

PirateLover
05-06-2007, 11:28 PM
And I guess I'm in the minority but I thought Venom was cheesy, too. .
Visually, I thought that Venom fully masked was stunning. But I cringed every time that mask withered away to let Topher Grace speak. Extremely unnecessary and just accentuated the fact that the role was miscast. And note- they never even SAID the name "Venom." I just hope that their is a 4th movie because I cannot believe that is the treatment that Venom gets on the big screen. I still wonder why they never developed Dr. Connors... For those unfamiliar with the comics, he becomes Lizard as a result of an experiment gone awry trying to regrow his arm.

Dracula766
05-07-2007, 06:52 PM
So, who wants to start guessing who the villains for Part 4 will be?

Dr Connors has had his appearances so I'm hoping he'll become the lizard in the next one.

Also, since the symbiote has already been introduced, that leaves the door open for Carnage! Now that would be a great charcter to see on the screen. The violence factor would be through the roof.

2Epcot
05-07-2007, 07:43 PM
At work we get free passes to advance screenings of movies all the time. Since I work evenings I never get to go.

I also received free passes, but as they often are, it was day I couldn't go. I did pay to see it on Friday night with my wife. I went early to buy tickets, and still ended up having to go to another theater to buy tickets that were not for a show starting at 10:30pm.

was sad to see Harry go and the Sandman reminded me a bit of the Mummy movie. I think it was a good movie though. Are there going to be any more?

The Sandman also reminded me of the Mummy movie. According to Sony pictures, yes there will be more films ....

'Spider-Man 3' snares $148 million
Sony's superhero nabs $375 million worldwide
By IAN MOHR (Variety)

Sony's third pic based on the Marvel superhero character also leapt easily over several other major box office records, including biggest opening day of all time, with $59 million, and biggest worldwide opening weekend, with $375 million.

The exuberance of Sony brass was evident Sunday morning, as they trumpeted the likelihood of not just another sequel but multiple sequels.

"There'll be a fourth and a fifth and sixth and a seventh," Sony Pictures Entertainment co-chair Amy Pascal told Daily Variety. "As many stories as Peter Parker has to tell, we'll do sequels."

I The Stan Lee cameo was cute.

I liked that too. It was nice seeing him in the film.

Visually, I thought that Venom fully masked was stunning. But I cringed every time that mask withered away to let Topher Grace speak. Extremely unnecessary and just accentuated the fact that the role was miscast.

I actually like Topher Grace in the part. I used to watch the 70's show all the time, and went to several filmings of the show. I never thought he was a great actor, but I enjoyed seeing him do something different from his character on the 70's show, and the similar characters he's done in his movies.

PirateLover
05-07-2007, 08:12 PM
I actually like Topher Grace in the part. I used to watch the 70's show all the time, and went to several filmings of the show. I never thought he was a great actor, but I enjoyed seeing him do something different from his character on the 70's show, and the similar characters he's done in his movies.

Oh don't get me wrong- I don't think Topher is a bad actor. I think he was fine in the Eddie Brock portion of the role that they created for him... but I just think it was stupid to keep showing his face when he was Venom. Brock in the comics is supposed to be a strong hulking dude, and so seeing Topher's face just weakened the character for me.

2Epcot
05-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Oh don't get me wrong- I don't think Topher is a bad actor. I think he was fine in the Eddie Brock portion of the role that they created for him... but I just think it was stupid to keep showing his face when he was Venom. Brock in the comics is supposed to be a strong hulking dude, and so seeing Topher's face just weakened the character for me.

I was not familar with the character before this movie, but I did find it strange that his face kept revealing. I can see why that would take away from the character of the villian.

glenpreece
05-07-2007, 11:20 PM
I was also not too impressed by this movie. I can't stand Kirsten Dunst as MJ. I grew up watching Spiderman on TV and that MJ was feisty and sasssy. KD is not that at all. Gwen Stacey was completely useless and it would've been better to have Felicia Hardy instead of her. I think the X-Men movies were more sentimental for me and well done (except for the Phoenix). This movie wasn't horrible but I didn't like the ending at all.; I also agree that Venom was kinda wasted in this movie. And showing his face over and over was terrible. I was going to go see it in IMAX but I think all the flashing and flying about would hurt my eyes too much.

kakn7294
05-08-2007, 09:09 AM
Honestly, I thought some of it was just downright cheesy. Particularly the parts with the "bad" Peter - him strutting around like he was John Travolta with his hair in his eyes (was anyone else reminded of Garth Brooks' alter ego, Chris Gaines?). :rolleyes: It was all just very hokey, and not in a funny-hokey way, just flat out hokey.
It was rather cheesy but I think it was the way Peter would really be. Remember, he's a nerd trying to act cool - it would be hokey!

I can't stand Kirsten Dunst as MJ. I grew up watching Spiderman on TV and that MJ was feisty and sasssy. KD is not that at all. Gwen Stacey was completely useless and it would've been better to have Felicia Hardy instead of her.Amen to that! Kirsten Dunst is just not what I picture when I think of MaryJane. She's supposed to be all glitz and glam and she's much more fiery and fiesty. Kirsten is much too whiny and weak. She's pretty but lacks the glam factor. I thought that Gwen was a rather weak part too. What's with them and these weak women roles?

Movieguy
05-10-2007, 08:44 AM
Everyone seems to be ganging up on this film and picking it apart. I enjoyed it a lot and so did my sister.

You can't get a Spiderman 2 out of Sam Raimi every single time. I'm just glad this wasn't the kind of cop-out that X-Men: The Last Stand was.

Crow
05-14-2007, 11:16 PM
i liked it. i know many didnt cause it had 3 villians. mayb it could have had only 2 to concentrate more on them, but it was still good.
and i did see Stan