PDA

View Full Version : I'd love some powerful Pixie Dust, Please!

Melanie
05-03-2007, 10:32 PM
I know I can count on you guys! :)

My hubby is headed to Iraq as we speak. I know to a lot of you it's old hat, as this war is years old now. But this is all very new and uncertain to my family. This is his first time to Iraq, and in fact, his first long deployment of any kind. We move halfway across the world last summer, and now we must be without our husband and father for 7 months. I have to admit it has thrown me for a loop, even though I knew this day was coming eventually. Being a military wife is such a joy overall, but sometimes it really stinks.

I'd appreciate your thoughts and prayers, especially these first few days while he is traveling to his destination. It means a lot to me! Thanks everyone! :flag:

Beast_fanatic
05-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Tons and tons of :pixie: headed to you and your DH, Mel! And, thank him and your family for all the sacrifices you've made! I wish there was more that I could do, but do know that you're all in my thoughts and prayers!

ElenitaB
05-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Mel, you, your DH and the boys have been in my prayers for weeks already and will continue to be! I wish James Godspeed in returning to you. As we get older, time tends to speed by... I hope that his deployment flies by for all of you as well. :hug:

Tinkermom
05-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Mel, I will keep your hubby in my prayers! Prayers for you and your family as well. Blessings to you all!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-03-2007, 11:36 PM
Many thoughts and prayers for you, your family and your DH.

Our most sincere Thanks and appreciation (saying that always seems so small for the sacrifices our servicemen/women make) to you and your husband. I hope his deployment goes quickly for you.

buzznwoodysmom
05-03-2007, 11:38 PM
Mel,

You've got tons of pixie dust and prayers from my family and I. Having been through this just 2 years ago, I know how you feel. Actually I imagine it is much more difficult for you and your children since you are so far from home. DH's younger brother is in Iraq right now on his second tour and we pray for him and all other troops every night. We will add your husband to our prayers, both for a safe arrival and a safe return home. One of the things I told my brother in laws wife (they hadn't met yet when he was in Iraq the first time) is that it feels so long while they are gone, but once he is back you won't believe how quickly the time passed. My DH was in Iraq for 7 months and DBIL is also supposed to be there for 7 months which is really great considering some troops (including DBIL's first tour) were there for a year and a half when the war first started. I am glad for you and your family that your husband only has to be there for 7 months as well. Please thank him for us for his service to our country. May he make you and your sons proud, and come back home to you as soon as possible! :flag:

kakn7294
05-03-2007, 11:43 PM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: Melanie, you and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers. I know this will be hard on you and your boys but you know we will always be here for you. Please thank him and his fellow servicemen and women for their sacrifices for this country. :flag:

Tink&Goofy
05-04-2007, 12:06 AM
Loads of pixie dust and prayers heading your way! :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Focus on the happy homecoming to come! I'm sure being so far away from home will make it tough - but remember, we are only a keyboard away! :geek:

:flag:

MsMin
05-04-2007, 12:14 AM
Sending tons of :pixie: your way. Keeping you, your DH and children in my prayers as well. A very dear friend of mine came back in Oct. He is a chaplain and it was so difficult doing that last tour of duty after 30 yrs of service. I know his family and church missed him so I can imagine what you are feeling; but, it does go fast. Maybe we can help keep you a little distracted to help the time pass.
Is there something we can do here to help him feel appreciated? More :pixie: :angel:
Keep us informed again much :pixie:

vizsla
05-04-2007, 05:36 AM
Prayers and tons of :pixie : on the way.

alpro2
05-04-2007, 06:11 AM
:pixie: on it's way Mel. Thank you James and to all who serve! :flag:

Carol
05-04-2007, 07:47 AM
Tons of New York pixie dust and prayers for all of you, Mel.

:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

I am so proud to know James. :flag:

January-2007
05-04-2007, 07:51 AM
:pixie: Your family will be in our prayers. :pixie:

mrsgaribaldi
05-04-2007, 07:56 AM
More New York :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: and prayers on the way. Thank you to your husband and you and your family for making this incredible sacrifice for us. Thanks to all the service men and women:pixie: :pixie:

SBETigg
05-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Plenty of pixie dust and well wishes for you all! :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

FriendsofMickey
05-04-2007, 08:06 AM
My prayers will be with your family.
Pixie dust that the time flies for all of you.

DVC2004
05-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Mel, you will all be in my thoughts amd prayers. Pixie dust on it's way. A big thank you to your DH, and you and your entire family for the sacrifices you are all making. We are all here for you!

drummerboy
05-04-2007, 08:19 AM
Mel, I'll be thinking of you and James and praying for his safety. You know you have friends here you can turn to any time you need.

Damon18
05-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Prayers and :pixie: :pixie: for you and your family!

mtown71
05-04-2007, 09:30 AM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:
Ton of dust heading to you from my part of the world! I will keep you all in my prayers. Thanks to James for his service!

Here we go again...
05-04-2007, 09:38 AM
:flag: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :flag: Mel,
I am sending lots of Prayers and Pixie Dust your way. I know this is hard for your family. Hopefully time will go by quickly and you will see his smiling face soon.

My nephew is stationed in Bahgdad and I was surprised to see how often we can talk to him. They have a computer and we talk on messenger and he calls him mom at night... about 3am, but it is still a call. Hopefully James will be able to do the same.

faline
05-04-2007, 09:40 AM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: Melanie, lots of pixie dust for you, your husband, and your family!

offwego
05-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Mel Prayers and Pixie dust on it's way to you and your two boys and James.

I hope the time passes swiftly. Please feel free to ask for more anytime you feel you need a reminder of how much we all are waiting to here of his safe return home.

Take care of yourself and your two boys.:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Scar
05-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Melanie,

May God bless you, your husband, and your family.

Please know America honors the sacrifice your family is doing for us. :flag:

Can you, if possible, tell us what his duty is?

bucky at disney
05-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Prayers to your husband and your entire family. I am still amazed at the sacrifices made by families of those in the armed forces.

:thanks: :flag:

BrerSchultzy
05-04-2007, 09:57 AM
:tink: :tink: :tink:
Everything I can spare for you and your hubby. Not only for his safe return, but for all of his compadres, and for all the people he will be helping while he's there.
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

TheDuckRocks
05-04-2007, 10:07 AM
Mel, tons of :tink: pixie dust for James, you and the kids and you all will be remembered in my prayers.
Thank yous to the families like yours for the sacrifices you make every day that makes my world a safer place to be.:flag:

merlinmagic4
05-04-2007, 11:29 AM
Boatloads of :pixie: to your husband and YOU! I always think of the families that are left on their own for months as their loved ones serve our country. That is a big load to bear and you'll need lots of strength. But something tells me you have it. I'll be thinking of you and praying for a safe and speedy return for your husband.

ChipnDaleGal
05-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Sending an unending supply of :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for all four of you Mel. You are all constantly in my thoughts as you adjust to this new reality. I hope these seven months fly by and he is back home with you and the boys before you know it!! :hug:

aprilisis
05-04-2007, 12:07 PM
A ton of :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for you, your husband, and your family. Please send my thanks to your husband for his service to our Country.

RedSoxFan
05-04-2007, 12:23 PM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for you Mel and your family. God Bless.

DisneyAggies
05-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Mel--
Prayers on the way for James and for you and the boys! :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

I apparently have been in a hole lately and missed so much!!

Mickey'sGirl
05-04-2007, 12:41 PM
I am thinking of you and your whole family Mel. :pixie:

lovewalt
05-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Pixie Dust for your whole family :pixie: during these long months.

PirateLover
05-04-2007, 02:18 PM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:and prayers on their way for both James and you and the boys. I hope that it is a speedy and safe 7 months for your family. Thank you for your sacrifices for our country :flag:

Momof2boys
05-04-2007, 02:21 PM
I'll definately keep James in my thoughts as his deployment begins. I know that you & the the boys will have some ups & downs in the months to come but just continue to be strong and he'll be home soon. I appreciate what he and others are doing for us.

JessicaRabbit
05-04-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm sending you lots of prayers and :pixie: :pixie: :tink: :tink: to you and your family.

conorsmom2000
05-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Mel, much pixie dust headed your way! :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers - we are here for you whenever you need us! :flag:

Jeri Lynn
05-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Mel, your family is in my thoughts and prayers, and many thanks to your husband and all of the men and women serving our country.:flag:

Jeff
05-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Mel, I will be praying for your husband, you and your family. I can't imagine how tough this must be on all of you.

Emily
05-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Well now I know why you made the comment you did in the AI thread! (check your PMs - sorry I didn't see this before I sent that!)

I can't imagine how difficult that is, Mel, especially since you all are in Japan, but please know you have lots of support here! :hug: I will be thinking about you and James and the boys, and I hope he will return home safe to you all soon! In the meantime loads and loads of pixie dust on the way.

:magic: :pixie: :magic: :pixie:

I have such admiration and respect for those in the armed forces and their families and the sacrifices they make, so thank you and please thank James. :flag:

Lots more :hug: :hug:!!!

SgtTigger
05-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Mel you are in my thoughts....... So is your husband...... you know he is trained well.... Pixie dust to your whole family.

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

:cop: :tigger:

Marilyn Michetti
05-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Melanie

Pixie dust just won't do it. My PRAYERS will be with you and your DH.

I'm a Veteran of the Viet Nam war, and can understand your emotions.

God be with you all !

Marilyn Michetti
HN 4
U.S.N. 1967 - 1970:flag:

Melanie
05-05-2007, 02:23 AM
Thank you all so very much! You've brightened my day. :) I know my INTERCOT family is just a click away, and that's a real comfort (especially in times like these). You guys are the best!

Now if someone would put a hex on all the things breaking at our house. Unbelievable! :shake:

sunlyon
05-05-2007, 06:53 AM
Mel, thank you and your family for the sacrifices you are making for our FREEDOM! It is hard during these times when there is so much political wrangling in the news, but I believe that the majority of Americans really respect and love our military men. They bring so much honor to themselves and their country, even though most of them would just say that they are just doing their job. Without our military we might still be: a colony of England; divided into 2 separate countries; and all Europe would be speaking German.

:pixie: :pixie: to you and your family and to all the wonderful men in the U.S. military. You'll be in my prayers.

Let us know if he or any of the guys in his unit would like letters, I know I would love to send some encouragement.

BrerGnat
05-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Melanie, I'm there for you! My DH just left today for his six month stint in Oklahoma. :( We can be lonely military wives together (seriously, you can email me anytime!)

I know it's scary sending your DH off to Iraq. When my DH was deployed in January 2003, I had NO idea he would end up fighting a war in Iraq. He was on a standard 6 month pacific fleet deployment and in the first week of Februrary, they were re-routed to Kuwait to begin getting ready to begin this stupid war. I found solace in knowing that he was well trained and ready to lead his marines into war.

Before he left, he promised me he would return to me safely, and I held onto that. Once the war began, I didn't hear from him for two months. I had no idea where he was, but knew he was in the thick of it. I didn't worry, though, as I felt deep in my heart that he was going to be just fine.

I asked for some pixie dust here and I received a ton! :thumbsup: It's very assuring to know that so many people are praying for your loved one's safety. I'm sure the prayers will be headed your way in full force, and that that helps you cope.

I will be praying for your DH and all the Marines in his unit. I will also pray for you and your boys, and hope that this separation passes quickly for you.

crazypoohbear
05-05-2007, 11:08 PM
Mel,
Much pixie dust for you and your family. I can only imagine how scary this must be for all of you. I will keep your husband in my prayers.
As for things breaking in the house, I remember just how handy my mom became around the house from being a military wife, I'm sure you will be just fine.
Even though you are far from home and away from family right now, I have no doubt you will be able to handle everything with grace and humor.

You can always keep this in mind, when we lived in Okinawa my mom gave birth to her SEVENTH child, she had to drive herself to the hospital in a army jeep, with bad brakes! She delivered the baby in the hall of the hospital. :dizzy: :crazy: And before we left Okinawa she was PREGNANT AGAIN!!!!!. :blush: She and us all came through it all just as you and your family will come through and come home.
God Bless

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Sending prayers and pixie dust for your husband and for all of our troops, no matter where they are, that they'll remain safe and come home soon. This fighting really stinks!

Melanie
05-06-2007, 01:04 AM
Can you, if possible, tell us what his duty is?

I forgot to answer this before. Sorry, I was in a hurry. :blush:

James is a Supply Officer, and is actually on an IA (individual augmentation) billet for this tour, working with the Army and AF. Once he gets settled, he shouldn't be moving around all that much, thank goodness.

Thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers. He should be to his destination in a few days. :)

Piglet822
05-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Tons more :pixie: and prayers for you, James, and the boys. :hug::hug:

Beach Club Babe
05-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Prayers and Pixie Dust are headed to you and your family, Mel!

daparish
05-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Keeping you and your family in my prayers. It is men like your husband and all the other brave military men and women who are my heroes. God bless you and your family.

Hammer
05-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Mel,

I am so sorry I missed this when I posted to the Water Cooler at the end of last week! I have never had the opportunity to meet James as I have you, but know that he will be in my prayers as well as you and the boys. :hug: for you and your family.

disneydeb
05-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Prayers and pixie dust headed your way! Thanks to your husband and all our heroes for the work they do!

mickeys_princess_mom
05-06-2007, 06:53 PM
I can only imagine what you're going through. Prayers are with you! Thank you and your family for your sacrifices for us.:hug:

TigChatt
05-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Mel, I'm sending my prayers your way. Just know that you arent alone in this. Right now, I'm in the middle of a 7 month deployment wait too. My DH left in Jan and wont be home until Aug/Sept. If you stay busy, it will go by fast. I promise you this. Yes days are hard, but it gets better. Something that DH & I do to make it easier on each other is a phone call every Saturday. It's something to look forward to, and help make the week go by fast. It works for us. If you ever need a shoulder, me & and the rest of our Intercot family will be there for you. I hope that it goes by just as fast as mine is.

minnie-mouse
05-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Melanie - Blessings sent to you and your family from MD! I know it must be so hard for you and your family, stay strong and be proud of your husband for all he does. Wishing you well!!

murphy1
05-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Lots of prayers and hugs to you and your family, Mel. I was wondering if he was going to have to go. It is never old hat! I come from a huge Mil family and you know my dh was in the Navy as a Lt.

ChipDale
05-07-2007, 05:31 PM
:pixie: :flag: :pixie: Good thoughts and lots of pixie dust headed to James and to you and the boys, Mel. :pixie: :flag: :pixie:

Somehow just saying "thank you" doesn't seem enough for the sacrifices that you military families make for our great country. :flag: :notworth:

Jeff G
05-07-2007, 10:57 PM
God bless you and your family Mel:flag: .

Words cannot say how much appreciate the sacrafices you and your family are making at this time. The freedom we have is entirely because of the sacrafice of brave families like yours.

Lot's of pixie dust coming to you from Wisconsin!!!

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Thank You!

weswerx
05-08-2007, 02:02 AM
Prayers and :pixie: headed to the other side of the world for your husband, you and your boys.
Even though this war has gone on long enough, too long actually, we still appreciate what your husband and so many others are doing for all of us. Thanks :thumbsup:

MScholl13
05-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Pixie Dust and Prayers to you and your family Mel and for your husband's safe return from Iraq.

Ya'll will be in my thoughts!

Ian
05-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Mel, I somehow managed to miss this thread in all the recent craziness of our trip ... I apologize for being late.

You know Trish and I and the kids will send as much pixie dust as we can muster (and being Castle Suite winners, that's some powerful pixie dust!) James' way. And to you and the kids, as well.

You know the kind of respect and admiration I have for those who serve. Please tell James on behalf of the Mitchell family that we owe him a debt we'll never be able to repay.

The next time I see him in Disney World (or maybe even Tokyo Disney!) the :beer: is on me.

Good luck and Godspeed, James. :flag:

Mousefever
05-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Much :pixie: as well as thoughts and prayers for your husband and your family.

Melanie
05-08-2007, 10:10 PM
You guys are the best! Really. Thanks so much for the prayers, pixie dust, PMs and emails. I'm having some major computer problems, so know that I have received them and will reply soon. The support means so much! :hug:

I have heard from James via email, and he has arrived safely. The countdown has begun! :thumbsup:

kakn7294
05-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Glad to hear that James has arrived safe and sound! Just remember that we're here if you need us!

Carol
05-09-2007, 08:28 AM
Great news, Mel. Here's hoping these 7 months zoom by. :flag:

crazypoohbear
05-09-2007, 10:45 AM
I have heard from James via email, and he has arrived safely. The countdown has begun! :thumbsup:

Glad to hear that he arrived safely, Now let's get him home quickly.
Keeping your family in my prayers.

ChipDale
05-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Glad to hear that he arrived safely, Mel!

I like how you phrase it, "the countdown" until he returns. :) Here's to hoping that it speeds by! :cheers: