PDA

View Full Version : POFQ Transportation

davejennemma
05-03-2007, 11:45 AM
This is my very first time on this board and I I have my 3rd Disney trip booked for this Nov.(18th - 23rd). We went last year and stayed at WL and loved it because we only had to take a bus to AK & Downtown Disney because we utilized the WL boat and went to the Contemporary and switched to monorails to get everywhere else. This time we are staying at POFQ and I was wondering if anyone had any transportation tips where I could avoid the buses sometimes? For example, is there a boat from POFQ to the Boardwalk so I can walk or take the boat to EPCOT and MGM? Thanks!:mickey:

bobpfef
05-03-2007, 11:52 AM
There isn't a boat from POFQ to Boardwalk. There is one to Downtown Disney. We used the busses and they worked pretty well for us.

davejennemma
05-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping for something a little more "scenic", but I guess we'll "bus it around" this time.:mickey:

Septbride2002
05-03-2007, 05:59 PM
The only options you have si the busses. You can take a boat to DTD which is VERY scenic and about a 10 to 15 minute ride.

~Amanda

disneyfan328
05-05-2007, 09:04 PM
I have heard very good things about the boat rides and we plan on taking at least one if not several. I have heard that they are not to be missed but not to sit to in certain spots becuase the engines are very loud? I can't remember if it is the front or the back now, any comments from anyone on that? We are going with 2 younger children neither of which like loud noises.

mttafire
05-05-2007, 10:01 PM
The boat ride to DTD is really nice. We always ride it at least once during our stay. POFQ is fantastic..:thumbsup: Sorry i cant help much with your question, We always drive the Honda when we get there, We actually have NEVER used Disney transportation(busses).:blush: In any case make sure you DO take the trip from Port Orleans to DTD.

garymacd
05-06-2007, 08:05 PM
You will like the buses. The bus to MK is the only one you do not share with Riverside Resort. All others are shared buses between the two resorts, but they always stop at FQ first when picking up and dropping off.

If you really want to, you can take the boat to DTD and then hop a bus there to any of the resorts, but it is a round-about way of getting anywhere. There are no direct buses from DTD to any of the theme parks.

Welcome to Intercot! and I hope you enjoy your trip.

NotaGeek
05-06-2007, 08:37 PM
This is my very first time on this board and I I have my 3rd Disney trip booked for this Nov.(18th - 23rd). We went last year and stayed at WL and loved it because we only had to take a bus to AK & Downtown Disney because we utilized the WL boat and went to the Contemporary and switched to monorails to get everywhere else. This time we are staying at POFQ and I was wondering if anyone had any transportation tips where I could avoid the buses sometimes? For example, is there a boat from POFQ to the Boardwalk so I can walk or take the boat to EPCOT and MGM? Thanks!:mickey:

:welcome: to INTERCOT!

I stayed at the POFQ last October and I loved it! The buses were useful, and at least it's always the 1st drop off on the trip back to the resort. I never found myself waiting around and since it's the 1st drop off there was always space since you have to stop by the Riverside before you leave for the Parks. It's small, too ... never felt busy and crowded. :thumbsup:

davejennemma
05-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Wow, you have all been a great help! I just love this site already! Thanks to all of you who have posted a reply.:mickey:

CapeCodTigger
05-08-2007, 03:36 PM
I'd agree with the others, the busses out of POFQ aren't all that bad. As has been mentioned, POFQ is the first stop, so you should amost always get a seat. And as for the boat ride...:thumbsup: is all I have to say. The last time I was down there, which was '01, I took the boat to DTD in the evening and loved it. I was one of 4 people on the boat and it made for such a nice ride. We, myself ant the 3 others on the boat, got to talking to the capt. of the boat and found out he was a retired dentist, and that he and his wife come down to Florida to work for Disney on a seasonal basis. Kind of cool.

LisaMarie
05-08-2007, 05:05 PM
I was at POFQ this past January. While the boat ride to Downtown Disney was nice, they were always crowded in the evening. Since the boats originated at Riverside, they were often mostly full by the time they got to POFQ. We usually had to wait for 2 or 3 boats before we could get on one and often had to sit singly because there were no seats together.

mdricks
05-08-2007, 05:09 PM
the view of the old treehouses from the boat to dtd is really cool.......

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-09-2007, 10:57 AM
We stayed at POFQ this past summer, and no problems at all with transportation!

We took the boat to DTD one afternoon, and it wasn't too crowded, although I have heard that it gets busy at night. Some people make an evening out of it...dinner at Boatwrights, then the boat and a night at DTD.

Most of the time we bussed it, usually with very little wait, and we didn't always go through Riverside. It seemed that when the buses were full, off to the parks we went. Even when we went through Riverside, it was fairly quick, and we just enjoyed looking around.

POFQ is a great choice, and the transportation is just fine :thumbsup: