PDA

View Full Version : advice on honeymoon

laurenC325
05-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Hi everyone! I'm new to this board and I have already learned so much. Thank you. I'm planning a honeymoon in September of 2008. Anyone have any tips for making it a memorable trip. My last trip was nine years ago so I know alot has changed. I'm worried about the weather being hurricane season. Also this will be my DF first trip to Disney. We both like thrill rides. Thank you:bride: :groom:

jenny1976
05-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Hi, I'm new to posting, not to the site itself, but have been to WDW countless times and spent my honeymoon there. One thing you MUST do is LET EVERYONE KNOW that you are on your honeymoon from the reservation agents to the Resort. You call the Resort 5 days before you arrive and let them know of the special event, remind them when you arrive. Let CM's know you are on your honeymooon when you make your ADR's. DO get the Mickey/Minnie bride/groom ears, it will bring lots of special attention during meals, parades and park visits. Remember to try to relax, make it romantic either with a dinner, a romantic stroll along the Resort, a Spa Visit, or such. The Cali Grill (during MK fireworks espcially) are very romantic places to dine at. Hve a great trip!!!!!!!!!!!:cloud9:

BigRedDad
05-03-2007, 12:31 PM
We were there on our Honeymoon in 2001. I would not recommend the Bride/Groom ears. It was too much of a hassle and did not provide much for us. What I do recommend is:

1. insure all of your ADR's are well aware that it is your Honeymoon
2. insure you fax the resort 5 days before hand and let them know you are coming down for your Honeymoon. Make a grand room request. They may not do it, but they may bump you up some.
3. I think they have Bide and Groom pins now or they did when we were there. We wore those and received all types of benefits: FastPass, no wait on a ride, brought on stage for shows, my DW got on stage at Millionaire.

Don't worry about the weather. You cannot predict a hurricane, so don't stress over it. I do recommend that you stay at a Deluxe resort over a moderate. you didn't specify where you were staying.

Just relax and have fun.

laurenC325
05-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Thank you for taking the time to give your opinions. I'm not sure where we are staying. Any advice would be much appreciated. We want to also hit a spa for a couples massage.:mickey:

laurenC325
05-03-2007, 12:45 PM
also where do we buy the pins and what are they like?

January-2007
05-03-2007, 01:51 PM
also where do we buy the pins and what are they like?

The pins are free, they gave them to us when we checked into our resort (Pop Century) and then someone else tried to give them to us at the gift shop, but we told them we already had them. DH wore his a lot and we got some attention that way. We also had shirts made, but by the time we wore them it was too cold to show them off much! The Grand Floridian is a great Honeymoon location if money is no object, but really, anywhere will be great because it's such a special event. Happy planning! :mickey:

Brooklynos
05-03-2007, 02:01 PM
We had our honeymoon at POFQ. We let them know it was our honeymoon on all of our ADR's and when we checked in. They did give a quiet room by the river that was very nice. In EPCOT, we went to customer service on the side of Spaceship Earth and told them it was out honeymoon (after a cm told us they had a suprise for us) and Mickey himself had called to congratulate us and the cm gave us honeymooners pins. All of the characters really took notice, oooohhhing and aawwwing over my ring (it's not that noticable.. lol) and "trying" to steal me away. Our servers all made a big deal of it, some even giving us congrats cards or champayne flutes (Cindy's table). We will never forget it and it was very worth it for the extra magic showered on us that we weren't expecting... Have a great trip!!!!

BigRedDad
05-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Flat out, I recommend a Deluxe resort. It just doesn't feel like a Honeymoon if your door opens up to the public. I prefer to have my door open to a corridor.

As for a resort recommendation, I can only offer this (in n o order):

1. Contemporary: always a nice resort, on the monorail, great Cali Grill for Dinner fireworks

2. Polynesian: This would be my choice. South Pacific feel, tropical decor every where, on the monorail, short walk to TTC for other transportation, many great restaurants.

3. Grand Floridian: Very nice resort. They have a spa on site, on the monorail, great restaurants. The only thing I dislike is how "upscale" it feels. Reminds me too much of the stuffiness Boca Raton turned to.

4. Boardwalk: Very nice resort, nightlife is a blast, close to Epcot and MGM.

5. AKL and WL: both have good restaurants and theming. We stayed at AKL on the Savanna.

6. Yacht & Beach Club: I don't know much about either other than they are supposed to have the best pool on the property.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Deluxe resorts. Try to figure out which one has the theming that interests you the most.

Beast_fanatic
05-03-2007, 08:43 PM
The pins are free, they gave them to us when we checked into our resort (Pop Century) and then someone else tried to give them to us at the gift shop, but we told them we already had them. DH wore his a lot and we got some attention that way. We also had shirts made, but by the time we wore them it was too cold to show them off much! The Grand Floridian is a great Honeymoon location if money is no object, but really, anywhere will be great because it's such a special event. Happy planning! :mickey:

They are actually buttons, and they are available at Guest Relations at the park or Downtown Disney, if you don't get them at your resort.

LoriMistress
05-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Make your ADRs to all your favorite restraunants at theri 180 day mark and inform them that you're on your honeymoon. Also, purchase the Bride and Groom Mouseears (they cost $10 each). Is there a particular resort that you plan on staying at?