PDA

View Full Version : Check In times

DisneyAddict62
05-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Our flight arrives around 10:30 AM so I figure with ME, we would get to our hotel about noon. How many of you have actually been able to get into your room at that time, or will we pretty much have to wait til check in, which my confirmation said is 3:00, although on the Intercot info it says 4:00.

We have to get the kids up extremely early to catch the flight, and I was hoping we could nap an hour or so when we got there.

biodtl
05-03-2007, 11:06 AM
If the resort has a room available, they will usually let you check in when you arrive (although they may not be able to accomodate special requests regarding room location, etc). We've never had to wait for a room, but then we go at off-peak times, so that could be a factor.

Seasonscraps
05-03-2007, 12:13 PM
We are about 50-50 for getting in the room early but not as much for the past two years.

Aggie97
05-03-2007, 01:51 PM
On our last trip we got into our room as soon as we arrived, around 9:30 a.m. They also gave us our room location request.

We had done the early check-in "pilot" that they were doing at the Polynesian, though (during which you called the resort a couple of days before arrival and checked in over the phone), so I don't know if that affected this.

homeschool mom
05-03-2007, 03:47 PM
We have never had to wait until the 3:00 check in time. We have always arrived right around noon and been able to get right into our rooms. Hopefully, our streak won't be broken and we will get right in again this trip. :mickey:

McGoofy
05-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Technically, they say check in is at 3pm. However, after several trips, I have found that they do not strictly adhere to that. In fact, the earlier we've checked in, the better room we have gotten. Only once have we actually waited until after 3pm to be able to actually enter the room. That was at Animal Kingdom Lodge. However, they still let us drop our luggage off and take advantage of the resort priveleges. They gave us the room key card but didn't tell us the room #. We were just given a card with a phone number to call to find out our room number and when it was ready. We didn't have to go back to the front desk. If your room is not ready, you can still use the key card for charging privileges. Also, you can still use the swimming pool and just use the bathrooms/changing areas at the pool.

All the other times (and that's too many to count), our room was already ready, and we checked right in. That's including one trip where we drove through the night and checked in at 8:00am!!! The room was ready, so they let us go right in.

It just all depends on how full the resort is at the time you go. Good luck.:thumbsup:

TikiGoddess
05-03-2007, 08:09 PM
On our last visit, we checked in at around 8am and we were given a number to call to see if our room was ready. We went to AK and at around lunchtime (when the kids were starting to melt down) I called and our room was ready (thank goodness!!).

As said before, if you're flexible with room location you should be able to get a room fairly early.

TikiG

DisneyAddict62
05-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Hopefully we will get as lucky as all of you and we'll be able to get in our room when we get there! I'd love to be able to recharge before we hit the parks!

TiggerRPh
05-04-2007, 12:49 AM
Our flight arrives around 10:30 AM so I figure with ME, we would get to our hotel about noon. How many of you have actually been able to get into your room at that time, or will we pretty much have to wait til check in, which my confirmation said is 3:00, although on the Intercot info it says 4:00.

We have to get the kids up extremely early to catch the flight, and I was hoping we could nap an hour or so when we got there.

In all the years we've been going to WDW...we usually arrive at our resort around 11-Noon and I think we've only been able to actually get into our room maybe two or three times. Typically it's not ready.

I would plan on the room not being available and if it is...great.

Let the kids sleep on the plane if you can. Though if you don't, the excitement should keep them going once you arrive at WDW.

DisneyAddict62
05-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Oh, burst my bubble Tigger! :crying: You dashed my glimmer of hope!