PDA

View Full Version : Question about bedding at resorts. . .

disneykat
05-03-2007, 09:08 AM
On each of our past 4 trips to Disney, my son has broken out in a bad rash after having slept in the beds on property. He's pretty sensitve to detergents so I always use the same one at home. Would it be a problem for me to take our own sheets/blankets for the bed? Would I just need to tell them upon check-in what I'm doing? I'm assuming, Mousekeeping wouldn't take them off if they weren't the typical white sheets used in the resorts. We aren't going until September so I've got time to figure it out. . .just thought I'd call on Intercot first! Thanks for all of your help!! :mickey:

Seasonscraps
05-03-2007, 12:19 PM
I can't see them having a problem with you doing that. I would give everyone a heads up so they don't take them.

Septbride2002
05-03-2007, 06:01 PM
From what I've heard bringing your own bedding shouldn't be an issue - but you may want to bring sheets that are a color other then White so that the housekeeper doesn't take them. You might also want to leave a note.
~Amanda

Mnchknbrat1982
05-03-2007, 06:14 PM
You might even be able to call the resort your staying at and have them use a hypoallergenic detergent. If not then I would write a note to mousekeeping that the sheets are your own and not to change them as your son's allergy.

I am the same way......I can't use powder detergents or I break out.

minnie1956
05-03-2007, 09:41 PM
I wouldn't call them and ask them to use a
special detergent. While your dilemma is serious in regards to your munchkin, it is your dilemma. They need to use industrial strength cleaners to make sure they've indeed gotten the bedding clean. I bring my own pillows every year. I get bad headaches from theirs, so I bring mine. I wouldn't ask them to store feather pillows for me. Not trying to cause a ruckus or anything. I would take the other posters advice, bring your own, make sure they're a different color and let mousekeeping know. I hope this time your munchkin stays comfy. Nothing worse than being itchy and broke out on vacation. Good luck!:D

disneynarula
05-06-2007, 08:12 AM
I would make sure that I left a note for mousekeeping. I would also call the front desk in case you mousekeeper does not speak english. Of course I really doubt that the mousekeeper would take sheets off the bed that were obviosly not WDW property.

MickeyMousse
05-06-2007, 09:20 AM
I brought my own sheets for my son who was having some skin issues at the time and I just told them at the front desk. The girl made a note of it in the computer when she was checking us in so it would print out on the mousekeeping's list. :thumbsup: Never had a problem-the sheets were left untouched. (I also think that the obvious Monsters Inc. print helped too)

LudwigVonDrake
05-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Call the resort and let them know. They may have a solution that is easy for everyone. Something tells me they've dealt with a situation like this before :mickey: